Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Video settings options are gone

khadhulkhadhul Member
edited September 2019 in Bug Reports
Video settings options are not showing up. They were in their normal place yesterday. But now I can't choose between high/low graphic options because they're not there and I'm having no more than 3 fps both in game and launcher since I've started this testing session. On earlier tests I still had fps issues but not this much. prntscr.com/pazwbl

Since I've opened a report already, I've also found there are still some unopenable boxes in this location prntscr.com/pazzvd

___
Edit: I can confirm that OdiMal's and caedwyn's deleting GameUserSettings.ini file from AppData solution works. Follow caedwyn's instructions first if you see this problem too.
a.k.a. Kunnia

Comments

• Options
    SomeRandomNameSomeRandomName Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Message states "changes made to certain video setting may not become activated until you enter a match."

Tested Queue, Lobby, and In-game. all with the same settings screen.

If I delete Appdata, then I'm able to set change the settings and save. Once you close the client down and re-open, I get the same screen as below.

https://ibb.co/ctbSV9d

Specs
    Ryzen 3700x
    Asus Strix 5700 Xt
    64gigs DDR4-3200

Can provide anything else needed.

• Options
    kaikukaiku Member, Intrepid Pack
    Earlier when I first loaded, I had all video settings, closed the game and came back maybe an hour later and now all I have is window mode, resolution, and frame rate. This is in the lobby and in game. I've tried restarting the game and changing the settings that are available to see if they'd come back with no luck. Also the settings I did have preset from last test and it seems like those were taken out and everything was set to max, which is fine for my PC, but not for streaming.
  • Options
    x2
  • Options
    no video setting , plis help , i cant change texture video game
  • Options
    BogglefulBoggleful Member
    edited September 2019
    I dont want to say its a bug, it ran fine the first couple of games 44fps on average which is around what i had been expecting. i have a med/low tier PC with an amd fx 8350 cpu, 16Gb DDR3 RAM, asus 970 gaming mobo, and a 1060 2gb GPU. this PC is getting older and im due for an upgrade which i will be getting soon. Just wanted to give you guys another performance review.

Anyways. my first game was the smoothest it ran at an ok rate of 44fps however a few games later i was experiencing major lag spikes going down to 9fps for extended periods of time before coming back up in fps making it unplayable.

I'm not angry or mad i understand this is indeed a beta, but i also had trouble adjusting the Graphic quality. I could see it was set to high but i wasnt able to change it to med/low settings.
  • Options
    dude your fix worked!! Deleting the appdata in local brought the settings bak!!! Not evven reinstalling the game fixed it for me, thanks a ton man; I can finally play with more than 5 fps lol
  • Options
    MustachePeteMustachePete Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    yeah same issue, settings were gone.
  • Options
    Yeah how do i delete appdata, sorry i cant quite figure it out :/
    i dont understand why the settings go away.
  • Options
    caedwyncaedwyn Member
    edited September 2019
    solution
    if the video settings are not showing in the menu

1: close the game
    2: open windows run (windows + R) and type this : %localappdata%
    3: add the following to address bar or just go to this directory :
    \APOC\Saved\Config\WindowsClient

4: delete the ini file in there named: gameusersetting.ini
    unknown.png

now run your game, the game creates the file and now the setting will show up for you.

@Zakuuma @rob1354 @BLACKSHELO
  • Options
    ^That fix worked, but I don't think the graphics settings even work. I turned everything down and my GPU is still at 100% on a GTX 1060. I've even turned down some of the Nvidia settings as well
  • Options
    taniguchi wrote: »
    ^That fix worked, but I don't think the graphics settings even work. I turned everything down and my GPU is still at 100% on a GTX 1060. I've even turned down some of the Nvidia settings as well

Make a new thread about the issues so they're aware.
    Ill try to help too