Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

To what extent will the BR combat represent the MMO combat?

Dodge doesnt help. If anything by the time I manage to understand where I landed, my enemy has hit me 10 more times.

Blocking responsiveness feels too slow. And why does it take so long to reuse it?

Comments

• TatianaTatiana Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited September 2019
    Probably not a lot. They're working on a hybrid system for the MMO, and I imagine/hope responsiveness in this system will be improved over time.
  • ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    AoC will have a hybrid of tab-target and action combat. Some abilities will be tab, others action. One of APOC's goals is to nail the action combat half. You won't see tab target in APOC, so this isn't representative of the final product, but the combat you do see may be in AoC. They've overhauled melee twice since the first tests, completely changing animations, damage, stamina consumption, and pacing. The current iteration is the best feeling so far, but I still have a soft spot for the free movement animations of the first test; I love sidestepping an opponent's slash while delivering my own.

I do agree dodge has little to no merit in melee combat now. For ranged, it can be useful, but without i-frames, you get hit as you roll out and it takes a large chunk of your stamina. It's currently much better to disengage with an ability, such as the boots of arcane power.
  • At the very least, the weapon basic attacks will definitely make it into the MMO. Since, with the hybrid combat system it makes sense that basic attacks would be more on the action combat side. Furthermore, I am sure we will be seeing some of the spells like comet storm in the MMO.

However, the mana/armor system doesn't make sense at all for a MMO. I hope that the castle siege combat is more representative of what we will be seeing in the MMO with the addition of the different class kits.