Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Blocking/Parrying

DecimusDecimus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I think blocking/parrying opponent's attack(s) should stagger them a bit, leaving them vulnerable to a counter attack.

That'd slow down the melee combat a bit (not a bad thing) and would make it more tactical and fun in my opinion.

Just a random thought I had today, let me know what you think.

Comments

• Options
    jwinnjwinn Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I totally agree, that would be great. It would definitely make melee encounters more meaningful. Currently melee combat is spam left click and pray you don't run out of stam first.
  • Options
    hitting block as soon as you see their weapon light up from the weapon special and blocking their damage and wasting their stam isnt enough ? seems fine to me. ive killed tons of people just mongoloid left click spamming into my block.
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    the block seems in a good spot right now for the BR, its actually worth to use but not OP. i do agree any sort of active block in the mmo could be more substantial though :D
    Signature-member.gif?ex=662c6fb5&is=662b1e35&hm=744ebdac6f48ada39a67db749760a28b2b88b3514a4acd22e07fd49b24821760&
  • Options
    jwinnjwinn Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Currently just holding down the block key drains stamina. I believe this should be removed. Stamina should only be effected when an attacker hits you while blocking. I also think the damage absorbed by blocking should be adjusted slightly. I've been rick rolled by people just spamming their melee wep while I was blocking. Maybe the damage mitigated can be adjusted depending on weapon type/rarity etc.

I also think a perfectly timed block should have a small chance to knock back the opponent as Decimus suggested.