Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Game Crashes.

StarvationStarvation Member
edited September 2019 in Bug Reports
Game crashes when i don't even get to login.

Just downloaded the game from steam.

Reproduction of steps.

The steps i did: Press play on the steam lib >> Opens GameCenter >> Hit Play (the big button next to AoC:Apoc)>>crashes near the logo of AOC or the screen with username/psw.
Also, when it doesn't crash and gets to screen with username/psw , it appears it tries to authentificate without asking me to introduce my own account from intrepid.

What do you think i should do ?

Edit 1: It just crashes without saying anything.
You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear.

Comments

• Options
    KineticKinetic Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Check to see if you can login to the Intrepid website.

Your accounts may not be linked yet between the steam version and the website. If you dont have an intrepid account on the website the steam version wont connect to the servers. This is what your problem sounds.

Once the accounts are connected the steam version should login automatically so you wont see a login screen when game loads.

The website version requires login each time
    Streaming nothing till Ashes release
  • Options
    AlluringAlluring Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Starvation Have you ever been able to log in via the Steam Client?
    Or is this your first time trying to connect the accounts?
    What region are you? EU/OCE/NA
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    Update 2: Yesterday i tried one more time, it failed with steam, but would let me introduce my user/psw. However didn't get to introduce them as it'd crash right away.
    Tried once again, now, It seems it might be the link thing, as after the update, on the 2nd attempt, it didn't crash right away, and it failed to authentificate as i'm not linked with steam, but when trying to login with the intrepid account it won't work(double checked the psw/username)
    @Alluring Through Steam i tried. I'm on the EU
    @cdkinetic I can log on the intrepid site, on the forums as well as the one with inventory/embers.

One more thing, tried to start the game directly, without the Gamecenter, it worked, it recognises my account, but it tells me Patch failed.

Should we link our accounts to steam ? and how can we do this
    You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear.