Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is Epic Store not playing nice with Apoc?

VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Wondering if there's anyone out there who's had a similar experience. A few friends and I tried to get in to Apoc so i could show them around the first taste of the world being built. And all three of us immediately had crashes after the anti-cheat screen. (And an unreportable crash at that) At first i thought this was me not uninstalling old files correctly, but they both have never had any version of APOC on their computers. Noticed that the bug reports were giving me the option to send the crash report to Epic, So for kicks and giggles (And because i only downloaded it for Borderlands which we had already finished) I uninstalled the Epic App. Immediately worked just fine. Told my friends to retry, which simply crashed again in the same manner, told them to uninstall epic, and again, both jumped right into the game. Curious if this is a bug or just a huge coincidence.

Comments

• Options
    I have Epic installed and do not show the same symptoms, but i do not have ANY games whatsoever installed through the Epic launcher, and that could be the main difference.
    04EcQiC.png

• Options
    Cool, we had Borderlands. Thanks for the response!
  • Options
    GreypeltGreypelt Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2019
    I have five or so games installed through the epic store, none of which are Borderlands, and run APOC fine.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    Must just be the weirdest coincidence lol