Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A bit of feedback regarding combat and TTK

NyctaalNyctaal Member, Intrepid Pack
With the ongoing changes to Apocalypse, I've been enjoying it more and more, although I do have some feedback. Just my personal opinions and thoughts while playing the game.

So while I love how combat is improving (the animation passes get better and better each time), I still think it's a bit light and at times too fast. If the current animations could be slowed down (such as those super fast multiple spin attacks) and just a but more weight added to them and your character when swinging/moving about in general, I think that'd be great. Don't really like referencing other names since Ashes is it's own thing, but when I think of awesome combat in an MMO I think of Vindictus or what I've seen of Black Desert Online. They've really nailed it, and I think Intrepid can too, absolutely.

Also I know the BR is supposed to be fast paced, and I know in the MMO and maybe future game modes for APOC it'll be different (plus I heard Steven say that it was lengthened already), but I still feel like the TTK is a bit too short in APOC. If our stamina wasn't drained as quickly and we were able to fight for longer and engage more with other players instead of being killed in a few seconds, I think it'd be a lot more fun.

Just my two cents. I really can't wait for Castle Siege and Horde modes, more character customization in APOC, and eventually the MMO Alphas etc. Please do your best to make the characters/character expressions/world etc. as lively and expressive as possible Intrepid. Admittedly I'm a sucker for detail.

I'm rooting for you guys! Keep working hard. :)