Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Friend Request Bug

chibibreechibibree Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited September 2019 in Bug Reports
Subject:
Sending/Receiving Friend Requests

Description
I was trying to add @Virtek and we had an issue when a friend ( @nightragner ) tried to help me with the friend request. They got Virtek and my requests but we didn't get theirs.

Bug Reproduction Steps
I typed into the Add Friend field to add Virtek, then tried to do a lowercase and he didn't receive my request, then I add @nightragner and they ended up getting it. Virtek then tried to add me instead and I wasn't seeing a notification.

Expected Result
Virtek should have been able to add me as a friend or see a request.

Bug Report - Actual Result
No errors, just nothing happened.

unknown.png
unknown.png

Me Trying to add Virtek:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/502112667746435083/627442363312373771/2019-09-28_02-49-52.mov

Me waiting for Virtek's add to come through
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/502112667746435083/627443121482891287/2019-09-28_02-53-30.mov

Me Readding Sieko
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/502112667746435083/627444218566279168/2019-09-28_02-57-59.mov

Comments

• Options
    VirtekVirtek Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can confirm all of the above.

Additionally, we tried the below actions:
    • Logging off and then back on
    • Changing online status while remaining in-game
    • Uninstalling, deleting all game-related files, and then Reinstalling
    • Renaming one of our characters, then renaming both after that failed

Nothing worked to connect Chibibree and I as friends
  • Options
    same here. I don't recive requests and neither does the one i'm trying to team up with
  • Options
    FhinFhin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd like to add a few things to that issue.

- I can send out invites if all letters are typed in lowercase
    - renaming worked once
    - my friendlist seems to be limited to 6 spots
    - after I add someone new, they show up until I restart. When I restart apoc, everyone but 6 people get removed. Those who have added me, see me on their friendlist, though.
    - invites to games sometimes reach me, sometimes don't. That's more of 50/50
    Qsb9psK.png
  • Options
    forcefield2forcefield2 Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Can confirm, not able to add new friends or receive friend requests from others.
    DGotXm4.jpg

• Options
    xlangatangxxlangatangx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Fhin wrote: »
    I'd like to add a few things to that issue.

- my friendlist seems to be limited to 6 spots

I have the same issue, but mine is limited to 7. I can add new friends, but the same core 7 appear on my friends list. Occasionally my 8th friend will stick around, but any time I restart APOC, they are no longer on my friend's list.

Can confirm that friend requests are occasionally not being received by others. The players who are not receiving my friend requests will never receive my request. What I mean by this -
    There are a few people that I squad with. We have never been able to add each other no matter what we have tried. To party up, we need another person to bring us to the same party since we cannot add / invite each other.

I downloaded from the web client, NOT Steam.

I tried a name change, restarting, redownloading to see if that would affect anything. It did not.
  • Options
    97349734 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Bumping this thread as this is a serious issue for a LOT of people. Here are my findings with friend requests/party issues:

Bug 1 -
    Description
    View-able friend list maximum size decreases until it no longer exists.

Bug Reproduction Steps
    Add friends and remove friends. This can be done at any stage before a game, in a squad, out of a squad, sending friend invites, and receiving invites. Friends can be removed immediately, after a squad, after a match, or after a client reboot. There is no single consistent way to reproduce this as the bug has been encountered in nearly every conceivable way.

Expected Result
    Friends are to be added and removed as the user inputs. Friend list size should be consistent and have a scroll bar to view additional friends.

My friend list size started at 8, dwindled to 2, and now currently "maxes out" at 1. Adding or removing a single friend requires a full relaunch of the client and does not guarantee success. Queuing for squads with a party of any kind has been made entirely impossible by this bug. Even trying to piggy-back off of one my guild members to form a squad is also impossible as the majority of them also suffer from this bug. The number of victims grows day by day.

Bug 2 -
    Description (different bug from OP)
    While in a party, players do not connect to a game session when queuing for a squad.

Bug Reproduction Steps
    Queue for a squad with party members. Both with friends, strangers, or a mix of the two.

Expected Result
    All players join into the same game session.

1-3 players enter the game session while 1-3 players are set to the "unready" state. It is suspected that computer performance and queue ID as well as time of ready state being set contribute to the problem. The reason I bring this up is because it seems to be related to how certain accounts become victim to the above reported bug.

An Esoteric Lynx!
    Discord: https://discord.gg/Axiom
    8zze0395w28i.png
  • Options
    TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Same problem, please send help. :'(
  • Options
    Sword Brother SoriosSword Brother Sorios Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ^ This is truth
    Sorios.gif
  • Options
    In addition to the friends list issues:

1. I cannot make another member of party the Group Leader.
    2. Sometimes I cannot cancel invite request.