Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

BETA Set-up feedback

Not a rant, I appreciate it's a free beta, just a note of day i had trying to get this to work :)

Using EU central server
Playing from UK
A fairly good quality laptop and connection, never failed a game yet

Been looking forward to this game for ages, started installing this morning (Saturday off) through steam after steam installed the launcher and downloaded the game (about an hour) i went to login, and nothing happened no error message, no sign in, nothing ? My computer then shut itself off... I'm not sure if that was related.

Went on to steam discussion board and saw a long and angry chat of many people having the same issue :(

But I was determined, started installing launcher and game via the AoC website (about another hour or so), login now works! I posted a triumphant solution on the steam discussion board and went on to the patch screen. Patching took about 2-3 hours and could only be seen in fullscreen mode with no way that i could see to get a windowed version... is there something that can be done about that? I don't think I've seen any game which patches only in fullscreen. Was pretty awkward...

On to the game I first set all graphic options to low, this is a beta... i've done this before and know of lag... i think this is really clever. I'm hyped, I'm now ready I click play... and it doesnt work, try a few times and nothing.

Restart computer, open launcher, intro screen, login screen, patch screen, back to party screen, click play... success.

Matchmaking in progress (about 6pm on Saturday) 4 mins to get a match together. But now we are on :D

Confused on a bird... find land... start moving.... everything is very very wrong 0_o

Every movement caused an insane amount of blurring as if i just took a dozen magic mushrooms at a 90's disco. Also the mouse rotates at a speed which would be an embarrassment for a disabled turtle. Go to settings screen, objective 1, fix the graphics... the graphics buttons i used earlier have now disappeared... mustn't be able to change mid game ?? Objective 2, adjust the mouse.. by clicking the right arrow a few dozen times (a sliding scale would have been so much nicer).

Right... I can rotate... and i can see whilst stationary.... I stumble around my world of indistinct colours and somehow find a chest with some armour and a staff. I navigate by minimap to the circle, I've played 5 minutes of fortnite, i know what i'm doing (not really).

In my blurry world i take damage, my health came down, i take more damage, someone somewhere is attacking me, I don't know if they are 2 feet away or 200 feet away i try to run but I'm still taking damage, I turn a corner and stand still and look... i see them... i got a staff, i got armour, i figured out which button attacks! I charge forward, can't see shit and just desperately spam attack whether i am hitting a tree a goat or a person i have no idea and then i'm dead... I'm left wondering what my opponent just witnesses... and then i see that they can fly 0_o

bad first attempt, come out of game to fix graphics... we're doing this again! The graphics buttons still aren't there... why aren't the buttons there :neutral:

restart, launcher, intro, login, patch, party, setting... still no buttons for graphics settings 0_0 i google this issue, suggest reinstalling might possibly maybe fix it.... ... ... ... Nup :) you are alright with that one, I'm good for now, I will absolutely play again... when it is playable :)

All in all, it regrettably went wrong at just about every stage
Basic suggestions (I suspect all of these are in progress)

1) Fix steam launcher for login
2) reduce time it takes to login, it should be launcher --> party screen, with auto login and patching at the launcher, right now it is a long hassle every time i start the game
3) fix whatever that blurring issue is
4) fix whatever it is that took away my graphic setting options
5) Let me know when you're done, and I will absolutely be back :)

Thanks