Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Game still Unplayable

lightangellightangel Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
I logged into Ashes: APOC and discovered the game isn't optimized enough to warrant playing this weekend, even factoring in the Emberstorm Dragon. The frames per second during matches rendered the game unplayable, even on the lowest possible video quality settings.

I don't have the best gaming rig, but I can play games like Fortnite and ARK without experiencing severe lag. I wish Intrepid the best of success, I really do believe in them.

However, I'll be favoring Spellbreak until enough improvements are made to APOC's game engine for it to be considered 'playable'.

Which is really quite a shame as I was looking forward to leveling up the Adventure and Legendary Paths.

Comments

• Options
    Game runs well, no stuttering, no FPS issues at all. Apocalypse is trash, so be not worried.
    Imagine playing Apex Legends with worse graphics, flying hack and granade launcher. Nothing to do with an MMORPG and nothing even remotely what I was hyped for when I heared about AoC.
  • Options
    The game runs very well no FPS issues. Performance wise it is good. That was also expected since they have made it all in an already well established engine. However the game itself isn't all that great. That is a whole different case though. I do like the idea though.
  • Options
    lightangel wrote: »
    I logged into Ashes: APOC and discovered the game isn't optimized enough to warrant playing this weekend, even factoring in the Emberstorm Dragon. The frames per second during matches rendered the game unplayable, even on the lowest possible video quality settings.

I don't have the best gaming rig, but I can play games like Fortnite and ARK without experiencing severe lag. I wish Intrepid the best of success, I really do believe in them.

However, I'll be favoring Spellbreak until enough improvements are made to APOC's game engine for it to be considered 'playable'.

Which is really quite a shame as I was looking forward to leveling up the Adventure and Legendary Paths.

It would be better if people were posting their specs and frame rates.

i7-9700k, 16Gb DDR4, GTX 1060 6Gb graphics card
    Running max setting getting around 35-50 FPS depending on amount of players.
  • Options
    NewPlayerNewPlayer Member
    edited September 2019
    KingRizen wrote: »
    It would be better if people were posting their specs and frame rates.

i7-9700k, 16Gb DDR4, GTX 1060 6Gb graphics card
    Running max setting getting around 35-50 FPS depending on amount of players.
    i7-8700k (oc'd to 5 ghz), 16GB DDr4, GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB, max settings (epic), ~140 FPS regardless of scenario. Cooling is always insanely loud tho which means the game requires way more ressources than most other games.
    In BDO for example at high+medium settings I have 60+ FPS with around 100-150 people on same spot and the cooling is super silent as usual.
  • Options
    Aha I noticed that too my PC cooling goes into supermegadrive and it's so loud lol sounds like a jet cx
    Poko.png