Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Seriously? There is no team chat? That is inexcusable...

The lack of any means of team communication other than voice chat (which no one seems to use)
No pinging system like Apex (which this game needs)
No team chat????? What?

Comments

• Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I never played apex so dunno what ping system there is but you can acually highlight locations in APOC now with middle mouse button. Team chat yes it would be nice but i dont think ppl have much time to type during the BR anyway.
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&
  • Options
    There is a ping system, not as good as in Apex but you can ping.
    Not having chat is just bad. There is no excuse to not have it.
  • Options
    Wololo wrote: »
    I never played apex so dunno what ping system there is but you can acually highlight locations in APOC now with middle mouse button. Team chat yes it would be nice but i dont think ppl have much time to type during the BR anyway.

I don't think that you have played many BR games mate :). Chat is vital.
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Persason True, APOC is the first BR i played besides a few hours of spellbreak when it was in alpha. So as noob in BR's i will certainly trust your words. But in MMO's I like to chat during questing and RPing and get on voicechat during any sort of PvP or group dungeon. So yeah maybe iam not used to it or it is because i hate BR's but personally would just like to see no more resources used on APOC BR specific systems. Like, we are testing action combat and assets / cosmetics in the BR right ? So far they did a amazing job with it, And I even get the cashshop since they need to make money but couldnt care less if BR stays as optimised stand alone product. Big chance there will be a chat system in the Castle/Horde mode. Or at least; in Alpha's and Beta's a system that is more complex with multiple channels. Now that would be serious hype !
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&
  • Options
    When you are not in combat, you have time to chat.
    -Do you need that stuff?
    -You forget to repair your armor.
    -Do you need mana?
    -Enemy nearby!
    -I felt down, please res me.
    -etc.
    These are short few second sentences, but they would be very helpful. Once it took 3-4 minutes till I was able to give an extra red armor to my partner, because he continuously run away from me, so he did not see when I throw it out for him.