Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Keybind detecting incorrect key

risteonristeon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Subject
Keybind detecting incorrect key

Description
Examples:
Pressing Left-Ctrl key is detected by the game as just "Ctrl" and does not operate in game when pressed.
Pressing Left-Shift key is detected by the game as just "Shift" and does not operate in game when pressed.

Bug Reproduction Steps
Started occurring and persists after the last couple patches (including today's on Oct 1).
Did a complete uninstall (with deleting all folders in various directories)
Fresh install and start of game
Go to settings > input, then tried to assign Left-Ctrl key to Sprint, for example, but the box only populates with "Ctrl"
Upon entering a match, the key does perform the assigned function
Attempted hitting keybind Default button, but same issue

Expected Result
This is how it used to work properly for me:
Pressing Left-Ctrl should be assigned as LeftControl in game, and function for the assigned action
Pressing Left-Shift should be assigned as LeftShift in game, and function for the assigned action

Actual Result
Example

Comments

• Options
    I noticed this as well (today) when trying to change Left Alt key to something else, it only showed as Alt. But on top of that there seems to be another issue explained below.

For some reason old keybinds were kept while testing different ones. New keybinds: X was set to Jump, Spacebar was set to Dodge (were set a few days ago).

But when changing those back to X for Dodge and Spacebar for Jump. X for some reason was doing a really short jump/dodge while using 35 Stamina (10 for Jump and 25 for Dodge) while Spacebar was fine as jump only. So for some reason, X was still using the old keybind for jump as well as the new one for dodge.

The only way to fix this for me was to completely remove the .ini and redo all settings/keybinds. Sadly I did not test to see if setting it back to Default keys would have fixed it as well. But something to look into as it ruins the gameplay by exhausting more stam than usual.