Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I gladly give back the MMORPG rewards from the BR game.

SiljonSiljon Member, Founder, Kickstarter
I know there are a lot of people out there who don't like the BR, and I feel their fustration missing out on the rewards you will get in the mmorpg because they either don't have time or they just don't like BR.

I think it's really weird to reward people in a different game for playing another game.
Sure if it would of been in same genre or just lowered the levels so all people get a chance to get it(5, maybe top 10).
Reason is because once again, it's a different game.

I gladly give back my rewards/keep it only in the BR to make this change, however I am afraid it's bit to late.

Before people start to rant or go crazy, this is a discussion and my opinion, share your thought about this matter. I am just curious how other people feel and if there is anyone else out there?

PS. I already got the level 7 reward and will probably get the level 50 reward as well as much as I play haha! Love the br game and is hyped about the mmorpg!

Comments

• Options

I'm gonna be one of those that miss out on the rewards from the BR, it's just not my thing. I've tried it, I'll try it again, but I can't dedicate myself to focus on leveling up.. ie grind, to get some cosmetic, not in this way anyways. I'm not gonna play what I don't want to play, nor am I gonna force myself to play something I don't enjoy, life is to short.

I'm happy that Intrepid is rewarding people for testing out, and providing valuable info to them, but making people get that "Missing out" feeling isn't a very nice reward to those that don't want to or can't. Finding a way for any player to earn these rewards by various means or over time would be far more welcoming.

I'm hoping Apoc also helps Intrepid learn things via their store there, that's my big concern. I would almost hope more items can be earned via playing and leveling (But not with Time limits!), rather than spending "embers" . It's a game, but it's a business, I am pretty sure we all get that, but this isn't nickle and dime, this is full dollars.
    I rather dislike game converted currencies. 100 embers = $1.00. (Roughly). Gotta be upfront about that stuff.

Making players have that "Missing Out" feeling or tricking players into not seeing embers as real money being spent, are both.. manipulating behaviors. Marketing behaviors and something everyone does, and no one enjoys, but most understand it as the devil they can live with. Intrepid just has to learn.. how best to mitigate the bad feelings that they will cause.
  • Options
    zakyrazakyra Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    Honestly i agree to this point about exploiting feeling, like me X).
    I don't like BR games, but i play this game by slacking JUST in case the cosmetic are shared with the MMORPG. (cause i like some of those cosmetic like the flying mounts)
    Right now i just discover i didn't have the ember dragon. I was in trip for a week and i didn't take my VISA. So i came back late at night. go into my computer pay my level...and probably missed the event from 5 minutes-40 minutes cause it was like 3h-5h something like that.

I feel frustrated but also i know it's stupid to be, it's just an item etc etc. But hey...a freaking black fire dragon, MAYBE in the MMORPG (who knows, i hope someone to tell me no so i can stop play this game that i didn't pay for).

I know that for those who love both games it's really nice for them. But in the other situations it may not.

Edit: I finally got it thx god...
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What bothers me is I am re-earning the same rewards I received in previous testing. If I have to re-earn them, I ought to get 2 of each item that I am re-earning, so I have one for my main and one for an alt.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    T Elf wrote: »
    What bothers me is I am re-earning the same rewards I received in previous testing. If I have to re-earn them, I ought to get 2 of each item that I am re-earning, so I have one for my main and one for an alt.

Yeah thats the main turn off for me as well. I reached level 50 last time so I have nothing apart from the embers and the new armour to get
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    zephariazepharia Member, Intrepid Pack
    Hey It never hurts just to play it for fun and embers ;P
  • Options
    Embers I can see your point but after a few games it gets repetitive
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    PitouPitou Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    have too play one game to get rewards in other no wonder people a just queuing than being afk , i would gladly give back the rewards
  • Options
    SiljonSiljon Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I actually like the BR game and I understand it's not for everyone.
    But I like the competivie in it and how to think in the game.
    Always improving and it's small changes all the time
  • Options
    BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    to be honest, atm i kinda regret spending money on the BR. But oh well.
    5A8RWU0.png
  • Options
    5A8RWU0.png

why spend money on a test?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    5A8RWU0.png

cause cosmetics and stuff.
  • Options
    5A8RWU0.png

meh there is nothing in the BR I would wear in-game
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    5A8RWU0.png

same here i still bought it all XD
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    5A8RWU0.png

LOL BUTTON :D
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    5A8RWU0.png

dont judge me!!!
  • Options
    5A8RWU0.png

dont judge me!!!

/BIG HUG
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf