Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

RFC - Shared cooldowns

HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
Hello everyone

I have seen lots of players equiping multiple Archmage Companions and now i tried it myself.
It is absolutely broken that you can cycle through them and keep using the Q for 20 damage in AoE while denying the enemy to hit you in melee range.

So an easy fix as I see it, is to have shared cooldowns on the same type of weapons, so you can't cycle through two archmage companions and keep using the Q ability.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Agreed.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It's more annoying than the potion launcher
  • Options
    Yea, if you're using anything else beside a bow or potion launcher you'll lose to archmage because you could already take all your armor before you can get close enough to attack.
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Didn't realize how annoying that problem is until the new map.
    A lot more close combat fights at the edge of the zone make that Archeage stacking even worse.

• Options
    PitouPitou Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    agreed
  • Options
    @c0ug4r yeah and I see more with the combo today, could be because Steven won a game yesterday with the same combo while streaming.. :/
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hjerim wrote: »
    @c0ug4r yeah and I see more with the combo today, could be because Steven won a game yesterday with the same combo while streaming.. :/

well if he's using it then I don't see this being changed anytime soon
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Archmage is getting really bothersome. I think it's the range that bothers me the most. Maybe the cooldown too.
  • Options
    ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I had full red Halberd/armor/legs, 100/100 get first shot on a guy and strip his armor with bow/mace, my 100/100 stats with a red Halberd and hes 100 health no armor with a yellow arch mage, and he bested me in a fight, the attack speed on it alone is **** OP
  • Options
    This have gotten worse. I am seeing this combination more often. Even 3 or 4 archmage's
  • Options
    xlangatangxxlangatangx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You aren't a real Memer until you have won a match with only Archemage Q's. There should be an achievement for dealing 400 damage without attacking. JS
  • Options
    So the Archmage Companion is pretty bad, but god damn the Miasma is also a problem. 2 Qs from that is 60 damage, and that is without even hitting with the arrow.

Can we please get this changed so you cannot spam Q abilities?
  • Options
    TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This Archmage's companion spam needs to stop.
    Playing against this isn't just not fun, it's actually anti-fun.
    If i try to get close to heal up with Lifebringer, i get pushed away and take damage.
    if i try to run away they chase and blast me anyway and i take damage.
    If i try to fight them ranged with icey boots and the drifter, then they just ignore the slow dash to me and blast me.
    and pray to all 10 gods and hope that they don't have arcane boots too

This is one of the worst things i ever had to experience in a game; I͈̲̘ ̪͚̝H̼̝͍A͈̮͖T̬͚̘E͚̹̙ ̥͓̺T̹̻͉H͖̺̗I͔̜Ș̞ͅ!͕̜̗!̯͈̫!͇̼̲

Problem here is that they don't use Stamina or Mana to fight, so they can just dash away until their cooldowns are back up.
    If they dash away and you dash after them, you end up with no Stamina to fight them while they just keep Spamming Crimson Blast into your face.
    But you also can't get away for the same reason

How would i solve this?
    Global Cooldown for the same ability.
    You got 4 Archmage's Companion and use Crimson Blast ?
    Now all of them are on cooldown.

You can still swap to other weapons and pull off interesting combinations.
  • Options
    @Teyloune Dragonvale well said.

I am hoping they change it soon because it is not fun to have something like this where you have little to no options to fight back against it.