Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ability augment speculation

From the way I understood the augment they will add some effect at our archetype ability base on the second classe you choose.

So let's share some speculation.
If I'm a Tank with a ability Shield Guard : keep your shield in front of you add block 70% of damage but slow you for 50%.
And now let's add the secondary classes.

+Fighter : Shield Guard will end after 3sec with a slash of your weapon in front of you that deal 120% damages.
+Tank : Shield Guard block 90% of damages , slow you for 30% and your heavy steps deal close aoe damage.
+Rogue : Shield Guard got smoke effect that prevents those who are behind you to be targeted.
+Ranger : you place your weapon on top of your Shield Guard and allow you to throw 3 energy spears in front of you that deal 40% damages.
+Mage : Shield Guard spread a elemental storm for 4sec dealing 30% damage per sec.
+Cleric : Shield Guard become a light screen that heal allies behind the Paladin.
+Summoner: The Keeper summon a Shield minion who stand in front of a alli allowing him Shield Guard for 4 sec
+Bard : Hit your Shield Guard in rhythm with your weapon, giving at your nearby allies a buff of 30% damages reduction.

This is how I'm speculating it will look like.
What do you thing of it ?
Share your ideas of augment for a others abilitys ;)

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2019
    This is my understanding of the augment:

Beginning class: Fighter
    Ability: Charge
    Description: Charge your enemy, dealing x amount of damage and knocking them back by 2m

Augments:
    Fighter(Weapon Master) - Blade Rush, deflect projectiles and deal damage to enemies on the projected path
    Tank(Dreadnaught) - Savage Charge, shield yourself for x amount and knock back enemies surrounding your target
    Rogue(Shadowblade) - Assault, charge your target leaving behind a smokescreen, this smokescreen increases allied movementspeed
    Ranger(Hunter) - Brutal Leap, leap to the targets location, knock up all enemies in a 3m radius
    Mage(Spellsword) - Dimensionrift, rip through time and space, user appsars in target location and deals magic damage, leaves behind rift to teleport back (like mesmer in gw2)
    Summoner(Bladecaller) - Sword Dash, summon a sword that dashes to the targets location, enemies around it are damaged and slowed, caster can switch with sword
    Cleric(Highsword) - Holy Charge, blind all enemies on your projected path, dazing them for 3sec
    Bard(Bladedancer) - Bladedance, throw a sword at your target (3 charges), user can decide for 3sec to dash to the sword or not, if user dashes he inflicts bleeding on enemies that user travels through. If user decides not to dash, then sword explodes, inflicting bleed in a 1m radius around it
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    You where more inspired than me.
    But those differences between your augments and mine are what I'm worry. How much the augment will change a ability? Because they will all change at once went you choose your secondary class.
    Will it not change to much the gameplay of a archetype ?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Gimlog wrote: »
    You where more inspired than me.
    But those differences between your augments and mine are what I'm worry. How much the augment will change a ability? Because they will all change at once went you choose your secondary class.
    Will it not change to much the gameplay of a archetype ?

"Primary skills (class abilities) are based on a player's archetype. Players can personalize their primary skills with augmentation from a secondary archetype (secondary class).

Augments to primary skills will fundamentally change the way the ability works - adapting what the ability once did to incorporate the identity of the secondary class.

The progression system for augments is very similar to the class progression system.

Choosing the same primary and secondary archetype increases focus on that archetype.

Each skill in the primary tree has a minimum of four augment choices from the secondary tree.

Players receive skill points as they level. These can be used to level up skills within their skill tree.
    It will not be possible to max all skills in a skill tree.

In terms of skill progression, players can choose to go "wide" and get a number of different abilities, or go "deep" into a few specific abilities.

Changing the augmentations on your skills will require you to go to a NPC in a Village node or higher.
    Active skills could look totally different after an augment gets applied."

Ashesofcreation.wiki/augments
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Look like I have to past some time on the wiki , I obviously lack info , thanks ;)
  • Options
    Wait so u can only augment 4 times in total or per spell?
  • Options
    Doomfett wrote: »
    Wait so u can only augment 4 times in total or per spell?

One specific spell, lets say charge, will have 3-4 different augmentations.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    GimlogGimlog Member
    edited October 2019
    Well I read all the stuff about abilities on the wiki and it come out that there is a lot of possibilities !
    May be to much ^^"

Edit : I speculation on double augmented but after some rethought it's impossible ( more than 25 000 variants ...)
    But still near 900 abilities ^^"