Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Harddrive needs to be NTFS

Hello there,

to make things simple:
I want to play this on Linux, via Steam/steamplay (so in other words with wine)
and while i do understand that you probably wont support linux/ubuntu natively, it would be cool if i'm able to play via steamplay

this being said, i cannot install the game, as the game says it needs an harddrive that is formatted as NTFS.
is this really an absolute necessity for the game ? Because, due to the fact that im on linux, my harddrives are formatted as ext4

Yet probably noone of the devs will read this, still i hope they will..

Thanks for understanding guys
(dont think that theres a category better than this, if yes tell me pls)

Thx

Ebiko

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The game (the MMORPG) will not be on steam. that is unless the devs change their minds again
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • well then, for now apocalypse is there - but even then - i'll try to use a wine version to make it run on linux manually, but thats impossible if the game (like apocalypse atm) will require a hard drive with ntfs

so my question to the devs is if this requirement is really necessary or if it could be removed - i'd love to play apocalypse (or / and especially, the mmorpg)
  • Hi there - at the moment, we currently support the following systems for Ashes of Creation Apocalypse: https://ashesofcreation.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034202633-What-systems-will-Ashes-of-Creation-Apocalypse-be-available-on-

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any additional questions on this particular issue :)
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.