Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[Suggestion] The Price of Recolored Skins

TsukasaTsukasa Member
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
Paying 20-50$ for a recolored version of a skin I already have is too much and is a difficult decision to make.
"Don't buy it then". Yes, I won't.

My suggestion can lead to win-win result for both players and Intrepid.

For players who have already bought the skin, the recolored versions of it should be sold for them at HALF the price(50%).
This way, they will feel more encouraged to buy it, rather than not bother at all.
Giveaways, gifts and freebies don't count.
And if you want to exclude exclusives, I think that's fine too.

Comments

  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I'd rather see a dye system akin to that in Archeage.
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    noaani wrote: »
    I'd rather see a dye system akin to that in Archeage.

    There is supposed to be a dye system with the dye actually being made as part of the artisan system I believe.
    Some info can be found on the wiki.

    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Dyes
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    Paying 20-50$ for a recolored version of a skin I already have is too much and is a difficult decision to make.
    "Don't buy it then". Yes, I won't.
    I honestly like the ridiculous prices. It prevents me from impulse buys I’d later regret. Thanks for looking out for me, Intrepid.
     
    Hhak63P.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Guild wars 2 also had a really good dye system where you had to find and unlock them
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »
    Guild wars 2 also had a really good dye system where you had to find and unlock them

    GW1 had the first dye system i had ever seen and i loved it. They had only a one time use and you could buy the basic colours for a good amount of coin, but the rarer dyes could cost you a ton or were really hard to farm.
    I think that one time use dyes should be a thing instead of the GW2 system. It would give the crafting professions, like maybe the tailor, something that would always find a buyer. They could produce dyes if they were low on cash or had too many mats etc.
    roaaztC.gif
  • RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Guild wars 2 also had a really good dye system where you had to find and unlock them

    GW1 had the first dye system i had ever seen and i loved it. They had only a one time use and you could buy the basic colours for a good amount of coin, but the rarer dyes could cost you a ton or were really hard to farm.
    I think that one time use dyes should be a thing instead of the GW2 system. It would give the crafting professions, like maybe the tailor, something that would always find a buyer. They could produce dyes if they were low on cash or had too many mats etc.

    Yeah I like it.

    It would also be nice that just like durability, your dye starts decoloring overtime so you need to re-dye your items after certain amount of repairs/time.

    As for the OP I have not seen any recolors outside a couple of the items in Apocalypse. Maybe people complaining are confusing recolors with retextures idk.
    2PXdm1m
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Roko wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Guild wars 2 also had a really good dye system where you had to find and unlock them

    GW1 had the first dye system i had ever seen and i loved it. They had only a one time use and you could buy the basic colours for a good amount of coin, but the rarer dyes could cost you a ton or were really hard to farm.
    I think that one time use dyes should be a thing instead of the GW2 system. It would give the crafting professions, like maybe the tailor, something that would always find a buyer. They could produce dyes if they were low on cash or had too many mats etc.

    Yeah I like it.

    It would also be nice that just like durability, your dye starts decoloring overtime so you need to re-dye your items after certain amount of repairs/time.

    As for the OP I have not seen any recolors outside a couple of the items in Apocalypse. Maybe people complaining are confusing recolors with retextures idk.

    I think the OP was talking about the dawnbreaker skins. You know, the lion-gorilla-butterfly things xD
    roaaztC.gif
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    First game I ever played with dyes was Dark Age of Camelot, back in 2001-2002 (years before GW1). It was great, you could really personalize your look.
     
    Hhak63P.png
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Roko wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Guild wars 2 also had a really good dye system where you had to find and unlock them

    GW1 had the first dye system i had ever seen and i loved it. They had only a one time use and you could buy the basic colours for a good amount of coin, but the rarer dyes could cost you a ton or were really hard to farm.
    I think that one time use dyes should be a thing instead of the GW2 system. It would give the crafting professions, like maybe the tailor, something that would always find a buyer. They could produce dyes if they were low on cash or had too many mats etc.

    Yeah I like it.

    It would also be nice that just like durability, your dye starts decoloring overtime so you need to re-dye your items after certain amount of repairs/time.

    As for the OP I have not seen any recolors outside a couple of the items in Apocalypse. Maybe people complaining are confusing recolors with retextures idk.

    I think the OP was talking about the dawnbreaker skins. You know, the lion-gorilla-butterfly things xD

    We did get somewhat off topic on this one.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Varkun wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    Roko wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Guild wars 2 also had a really good dye system where you had to find and unlock them

    GW1 had the first dye system i had ever seen and i loved it. They had only a one time use and you could buy the basic colours for a good amount of coin, but the rarer dyes could cost you a ton or were really hard to farm.
    I think that one time use dyes should be a thing instead of the GW2 system. It would give the crafting professions, like maybe the tailor, something that would always find a buyer. They could produce dyes if they were low on cash or had too many mats etc.

    Yeah I like it.

    It would also be nice that just like durability, your dye starts decoloring overtime so you need to re-dye your items after certain amount of repairs/time.

    As for the OP I have not seen any recolors outside a couple of the items in Apocalypse. Maybe people complaining are confusing recolors with retextures idk.

    I think the OP was talking about the dawnbreaker skins. You know, the lion-gorilla-butterfly things xD

    We did get somewhat off topic on this one.

    when is that ever new
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hey now let’s not get off topic by talking about getting off topic. This thread isn’t about how we tend to talk about things totally unrelated to the topic because we’re sort of spinning our wheels waiting for any real news on the MMORPG.
     
    Hhak63P.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Atama wrote: »
    Hey now let’s not get off topic by talking about getting off topic. This thread isn’t about how we tend to talk about things totally unrelated to the topic because we’re sort of spinning our wheels waiting for any real news on the MMORPG.

    LoL-Button
    roaaztC.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Atama wrote: »
    Hey now let’s not get off topic by talking about getting off topic. This thread isn’t about how we tend to talk about things totally unrelated to the topic because we’re sort of spinning our wheels waiting for any real news on the MMORPG.

    LoL-Button


    @LieutenantToast we need out Lol back
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Nagash wrote: »
    Guild wars 2 also had a really good dye system where you had to find and unlock them

    Yeah, something nice with GW2 was that they had these rare dyes you could only find by defeating bosses during specific events, and then people would sell these on the trading post for silly amounts of money even though there's another common dye that looks almost exactly like it haha

    but it is fun
    2030 release let's goooooooooooooo
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Jokuc wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Guild wars 2 also had a really good dye system where you had to find and unlock them

    Yeah, something nice with GW2 was that they had these rare dyes you could only find by defeating bosses during specific events, and then people would sell these on the trading post for silly amounts of money even though there's another common dye that looks almost exactly like it haha

    but it is fun

    There are also 15 different blacks, and none of them are actually black....
    roaaztC.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Jokuc wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Guild wars 2 also had a really good dye system where you had to find and unlock them

    Yeah, something nice with GW2 was that they had these rare dyes you could only find by defeating bosses during specific events, and then people would sell these on the trading post for silly amounts of money even though there's another common dye that looks almost exactly like it haha

    but it is fun

    There are also 15 different blacks, and none of them are actually black....

    I loved how ice blue was silver
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Damokles wrote: »
    There are also 15 different blacks, and none of them are actually black....

    The shadow abyss dye is pretty black but then again, you have to pay up a silly sum of gold to get it lol
    2030 release let's goooooooooooooo
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Jokuc wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    There are also 15 different blacks, and none of them are actually black....

    The shadow abyss dye is pretty black but then again, you have to pay up a silly sum of gold to get it lol

    The best thing is thag they actually have a colour that is just named black... BUT IT IS ACTUALLY GREY AND NOT BLACK! X'D
    roaaztC.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.