Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The original APOC map should never start with less than 50 players.

MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
The map is too damn big. After I drop i find max 1-2 people then it is time to run around like an idiot for 10+ minutes before I find someone else.

I rather double my 2-3 min queue time than play with so few players.

This map is designed for 100+ players. Please, try to keep it close to that number even if queue times are longer.

Comments

• Options
    Pffft this is true, I really want to see what games are like with 100+ players. I mean they redid their whole backend for what.. half a year or more ? I'd hope they would have improved it but so far we haven't been allowed to see.
    Poko.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    shame that will never happen as the game is still bleeding players faster than someone using blink after being hit with the Bonecrusher
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Poko wrote: »
    Pffft this is true, I really want to see what games are like with 100+ players. I mean they redid their whole backend for what.. half a year or more ? I'd hope they would have improved it but so far we haven't been allowed to see.

Indeed. Only counter-argument is that there are not enough players but at peak time multiple 30+ player games are going on at the same time.

I think most people would prefeer waiting 1-2 min extre for the 50-100 player mark.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Haha. I don't care how many people are playing, so I'd rather drop in as quickly as possible rather than waiting an "extra" 1-2 minutes. Under 20 players is fine with me.
  • Options
    chibibreechibibree Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I feel like you should be able to choose which map you want to play. The smaller map for faster queues or the bigger map for slightly longer but more people to fight against type of queue.
  • Options
    ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    chibibree wrote: »
    I feel like you should be able to choose which map you want to play.

That would split the playerbase and make queues for both even longer. The lobby should auto-pick a map based on number of players in it. Large lobby gets a large map, small lobby a small map.