Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Crimson Blast - Needs to be nerfed

Some players like to run around with either of these staffs:
Hallowed Staff Arcanic Staff Pyroclastic Staff Eldritch Staff
They include the skill Crimson Blast which deals damage and forces a player to be distanced from the attacker.

When a player weilds 4 of these staffs the cooldown is almost instant and the player can there for have a huge adavantage over other players in an unbalanced stand of.

Suggestion for balancing, either or all:
1. When one crimson blast spell has been cast, make the cooldown universal and extend it from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.
2. Force players to not be able to pick up more than one Staff exquipped with crimson blast at any time.
3. Reduce damage and knockback of crimson blast by 50%

Comments

• Options
    xlangatangxxlangatangx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @eximzy

You're getting called out m8 XD
  • Options
    KebtizKebtiz Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If you did a cooldown for the skill globally, i don't think it would be good to increase recast. I think the larger issue is quick swapping, since you can do the same with thing with tome or melee weapons (ie land hemorrhage then switch to lifesteal). I'd rather see a skill cooldown on swap.
    Discord: keb2z
  • Options
    There's already a similar topic which also suggests a cooldown for same weapon skills:
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/43509/
  • Options
    BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    A lot of things would have to be balanced and adjusted, that would take away from the MMORPG just take it as it is.
  • Options
    @BCG l LordofSalt Well thats for the developers to decide! That's why it's so good that they have these discussion forums so that people can post opinions and ideas!
  • Options
    BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    Strid wrote: »
    @BCG l LordofSalt Well thats for the developers to decide! That's why it's so good that they have these discussion forums so that people can post opinions and ideas!

If they would start really developing the BR, it would cost another S**tstorm, since a lot of people are already in a bad spot because it even exists.
  • Options
    @BCG l LordofSalt Chill dude, dont be so negative all the time :), i see you in the discord. Spread some love for once!
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    He is right. The more time They put into apoc the worse the community backlash will be. Plus it's almost dead anyway.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    @Nagash
    However, what im saying is that this forum discussion is made for people to bring up stuff like this, and i think it's good to bring up issues so that the developers can be informed and decide what needs to be done or what needs to prioritized.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Strid wrote: »
    @Nagash
    However, what im saying is that this forum discussion is made for people to bring up stuff like this, and i think it's good to bring up issues so that the developers can be informed and decide what needs to be done or what needs to prioritized.

Sorry about that. I agree that they need to fix the ability to spam abilities like crimson blast or the longbows, but at this point, APOC is on its last legs and I don't think anything will change that sadly. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place really if they do spend more time on APOC people will get annoyed, but without work, the BR will die before the end of the year.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The BR should only be here for 3 months total. Castle sieges are next and they are trying to release them before the end of the year.

Feedback about abilities, including balance is one of the main purposes of the BR.