Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Leaping Instead of Lunging

ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited October 2019 in Bug Reports
Description
When aiming at a target, my character performs an acrobatic leap instead of a lunging attack.

Bug Reproduction Steps
RMB+LMB while looking in the general direction of your target, as opposed to directly at. This can be to the side, above, or below the target.

Expected Result
Perform a lunging attack at the target.

Bug Report - Actual Result
Performed an acrobatic leap at the target that either collided with the intended target or ended side by side with, or pass the target when at close range.

Recommended to slacken the criteria for converting leap to lunge, or removing leap altogether if the right criteria cannot be nailed.

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Probably need to include a video for this one while reproducing.

Sounds like you are just missing, but you might have the cross hairs dead on, so a little visual evidence is probably necessary.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I captured footage from a couple lobbies, will add in match footage if I capture any.
    Pay attention to my crosshair, as I'm deliberately aiming around the body.
    https://youtu.be/0ROqc8sj4Kw
    0:51 I am clearly aiming close enough to trigger a lunge, but instead get a leap
    1:26 I am aiming far enough off to get a leap, but get 2 lunges instead
    Whenever I aim slightly below their feet, a leap is triggered instead of a lunge. Aiming to the sides or above by the same amount triggers a lunge.

The leap/lunge detection is inconsistent.
    I recommend Intrepid rebind leap to RMB+[Space] and have RMB+LMB be exclusively lunge, to avoid these bugs entirely.