Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Attack Spamming Bug Report

TioPeperoniTioPeperoni Member
edited October 2019 in Bug Reports
Description

Bug Reproduction Steps
Steps to Reproduce:

1. Get 3 to 4 close-range melee weapons early game.
2. Put them 1 through 4 (or how ever many weapons you got).
3. Spam Attack + switch between the hotkeys.

Visual Reference: https://clips.twitch.tv/BlightedPiercingToadKappaPride
Thanks @ KillerApe for the video.

Also this can be achieved with Long Range weapons, especially, with Bows, the effect won't be the same, but it behaves different, if you do this with a Bow, the trail that it leaves behind will actually come from somewhere else and not directly where the actual ray trace is coming from, which is straight from where the player is facing, to wherever is the destination he is looking at...

TL;DR, if you do this with a bow, it will be different, and it will look like the hit is coming from somewhere else, not where you at.

Hope I could explain myself.

Expected Result
Switch Weapons and not be able to spam the attack action that quickly.

Bug Report - Actual Result
Switch weapons with almost no CD.

Comments

• Options
    ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That's exactly what I thought would happen when weapon swap into an attack stops movement was reported, but I hoped wasn't the case.

STEVEN! We got animation cancelling! The worst kind!
  • Options
    KillerKapeKillerKape Member, Alpha One
    That bug is pretty funny though not gonna lie. No problem though bud better we remind them of this bug now and get them to deal with it ASAP.

Also the @ KillerApe comment was an amazing freudian slip XD

• Options
    eximzyeximzy Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2019
    I tested this too with melee and ranged it works as OP described.
    It can also be done with with just two weapons or mix of ranged and melee weapons. bronze axe, potions and even armor can be used to cancel the animations.

More precise on how its done:
    Use any weapon attack then quickly swap to any other weapon and use the attack and swap to different weapon before the initial weapon swap animation completes. The attack goes off on the weapon swap.
    If done too slowly movement keys and roll stops working UNTIL you use dash.