Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Have you bought anything from last month's cosmetics?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tempted to buy the cosmetics and certainly hope that some of them will appear ingame, the rate they are pumping them out seems ... weird.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Mesis wrote: »
    Tempted to buy the cosmetics and certainly hope that some of them will appear ingame, the rate they are pumping them out seems ... weird.

what do you mean?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

what do you mean?

Just too frequent to be shop-only unique in my opinion. I would definetly expect a reskin at the minimum to appear in the game or perhaps some other way of getting them
  • Options

what do you mean?

Just too frequent to be shop-only unique in my opinion. I would definetly expect a reskin at the minimum to appear in the game or perhaps some other way of getting them

I’m of the mind that they will feature in game for thematic areas or NPCs. The October cosmetics could easily be part of an open world raid with necromantic aspects, or even a Halloween even that might come year round.

I highly doubt IS would keep it all player-only. I definitely imagine some nodes getting autumn themed looks depending on racial styles and having NPC caravans of the sorts players are currently able to buy the skin of.
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    And even if they do re-use some of them, they will at least be recoloured or modified slightly. You won't be able to get that exact model in the future.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

what do you mean?

I see what you mean and I agree the likelihood of not seeing a reskin in-game is unlikely
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    Ravudha wrote: »
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    They are too good-looking to be only limited for NPCs and few players!

For me, this is ideal. Only a few players wearing the same costume means more visual diversity in the game world, and the costume actually stands out more. There should be many options where players have as little overlap in their style choices as possible rather than many players going for costume X imho. This way, everyone looks more like an individual.

Would you still say that if only one player wears it? (which is definitely possible in less population servers)
    It's kind of selfish to agree to such a thing. I like the idea of exclusivity but the execution is bad imo. What a waste.

No, I'd hope for cosmetics to appeal to enough people that the financial ROI is acceptable for IS while still being limited so that the cosmetic is rare in the game world. I'd hope that there is such a happy medium between the two factors (even though the sound of one player being the only one with a cosmetic is very, very appealing).
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    And even if they do re-use some of them, they will at least be recoloured or modified slightly. You won't be able to get that exact model in the future.

“No, see, the exclusive bear mount has a slightly darker shade of brown eyes. That’s totally different from the quest reward.”

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Wanting to see more gathering and crafting cosmetics first - The aesthetics are fine for high fantasy world combat but seems a bit too farfetched to believe that these are daily "ditch digger" clothes.

More canvas and basic leather work clothes for us that just want to play humble gatherers and crafters, please.
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I fully expect to see re-colored versions of costumes in game, as well as with pets. Caravans and structures will probably be recolored as well as minor structural changes. I don't set my expectations too high having gamed almost a score of years.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Inventory UI sucks, so it's too difficult for me to see what I've bought, but...
    Looks like I buy two or three cosmetics each year.
    I missed the Stufferton while I was planning my brother's funeral in Feb of 2018, so I hope there will be some way for me to get something similar in game somehow. That's the perfect mount for a carebear.

I really don't care how many other people have the same stuff I have.
    It's kinda cool to be able to recognize exclusive stuff - gives some extra info about the players using them. Like, a few weeks ago, I was walking through a hotel near my office and saw a group of African-American women wearing red and white - I knew that meant they belonged to Delta Sigma Theta Sorority.
  • Options
    Morashtak wrote: »
    Wanting to see more gathering and crafting cosmetics first - The aesthetics are fine for high fantasy world combat but seems a bit too farfetched to believe that these are daily "ditch digger" clothes.

More canvas and basic leather work clothes for us that just want to play humble gatherers and crafters, please.
    According to Steven and Jeffrey, everyone who ventured from Sanctus to Verra is a Hero. The best of the best! The cosmetics reflect that. So, we won't be seeing humble ditch digger costumes.
    But, I would prefer to have that kind of stuff available, too. I'd like to have characters that aren't Heroes.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dygz wrote: »
    Morashtak wrote: »

According to Steven and Jeffrey, everyone who ventured from Sanctus to Verra is a Hero. The best of the best! The cosmetics reflect that. So, we won't be seeing humble ditch digger costumes.
    But, I would prefer to have that kind of stuff available, too. I'd like to have characters that aren't Heroes.
    There is a “merchant costume” from the Warrior of Old (and higher) Kickstarter tiers.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I cannot wait to see that. I plan on wearing that as long as I am in villages and above.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    There is a cosmetic called "Merchant Costume"
    It doesn't look like a ditch digger costume and I would not think that was an image of a merchant if it weren't labeled so. He appears to be wearing metal armor for battle.
    (armor might be just for the Dünir - we'll have to see what it looks like on other races)
    Merchant_costume.png

Anyway, I'm just reporting what Jeffrey and Steven have said about the costumes when asked about this concept. I expect there will be a few cosmetics that people will be able to cobble together as a hoi poloi costume.
  • Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    the piggy