Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Weapons Discussion (not related to BR)

George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
What do you expect from your weapon of choice?

Twin Swords (Dual Wield, axes daggers hammers)
Personally I like twin swords and what I expect of them is an increase of raw physical dmg above the rest of the melee weapons as well as faster strikes.

Twin Swords depicts the most skilled swordsman, amongst the classes of a game.
Some mmorpgs make Dual Wielders seem like barbarians/vikings, others make them like assassins and others succesfully make them as skilled warriors, with a good amount of impressive techniques that cost a good amount of MP, deal solid dmg.

I hope that with pairing Twin Swords Ill get to play a true brawler in Weapon Master (fighter/fighter) or a tanky warrior in Dreadnaught (fighter/knight)

PS. When will we see Dual Wielding in BR?

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The helbard is the one true weapon, the unholy crossbreed of an axe, a spear and a hammer.

I hope for tons of mobility with staves, spears and helbard because the character could potentially use them to vault themselves over obstacles. ;)

CD-1046.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2019
    Damokles wrote: »
    The helbard is the one true weapon, the unholy crossbreed of an axe, a spear and a hammer.

I hope for tons of mobility with staves, spears and helbard because the character could potentially use them to vault themselves over obstacles. ;)

CD-1046.jpg

Personally I prefer the Guandao over the Halberd but each to their own :)

volunteer_moderator.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm going to have 9 grimoires
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    Nagash wrote: »

Are you also going to transplant 7 extra arms onto your body to hold them all at once? :)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Damokles wrote: »

Are you also going to transplant 7 extra arms onto your body to hold them all at once? :)

For a good necromancer this should not be an issue. :D
  • Damokles wrote: »

No, he is going to have a specially made bandoleer to give him quick access to them all at the same time. Though, splicing on an extra arm to help with the selection would help, my maybe an extra head too - hey it worked for Zaphod!
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »

Magic

Gn2txO1.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    That's only 5!
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That is only 5. Can I have the other 4? I will try the extra arm grafts and let you know how it goes.
  • VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd love a flail and shield, though I won't mind doing spear and shield if that doesn't pan out.
  • BluehBlueh Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Huge fist weapons like Vi in League of Legends or Black hand in Albion online. ?u=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-tWW-hnzxWKg%2FUcUTyfVIfBI%2FAAAAAAAAFAI%2FBTVEyPy7elA%2Fs1600%2Fjosh-singh-vi-league-of-legends-early-concepts.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Also i like the kinetic in Maplestory using chess pieces ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fvignette1.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fvsbattles%2Fimages%2Ff%2Ff6%2FKinesis_Maplestory.png%2Frevision%2Flatest%2Fscale-to-width-down%2F300%3Fcb%3D20160221222243&f=1&nofb=1
  • Blueh wrote: »
    Huge fist weapons like Vi in League of Legends or Black hand in Albion online. ?u=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-tWW-hnzxWKg%2FUcUTyfVIfBI%2FAAAAAAAAFAI%2FBTVEyPy7elA%2Fs1600%2Fjosh-singh-vi-league-of-legends-early-concepts.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Also i like the kinetic in Maplestory using chess pieces ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fvignette1.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fvsbattles%2Fimages%2Ff%2Ff6%2FKinesis_Maplestory.png%2Frevision%2Flatest%2Fscale-to-width-down%2F300%3Fcb%3D20160221222243&f=1&nofb=1

Got me to thinking a warrior-monk weaponless combat style would be nice. The monk class with all of its weaponless abilities in AD&D was always one of my favorites. But since most combat engines require some sort of weapon, perhaps something like a gauntlet designed for hand-to-hand combat (or hand-to-the-side-of-the-head combat).
    Dayuhan wrote: »
    Blueh wrote: »

Got me to thinking a warrior-monk weaponless combat style would be nice. The monk class with all of its weaponless abilities in AD&D was always one of my favorites. But since most combat engines require some sort of weapon, perhaps something like a gauntlet designed for hand-to-hand combat (or hand-to-the-side-of-the-head combat).

How about an weaponless fightingstile based on the armour count of the normal gauntlet? Skyrim did that and it was my favourite playstile xD
    a6XEiIf.gif