Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Change Mob spawn table

It's said that the spawn table would be influenced by nodes levels.
I would love to see the new mobs fighting to previous one to take there place !
Seeing the old one just disappear and the others one appear would be disappointing.
I would accept half of them disappear and the others fighting to prevent lags but hope they do something dynamic.

What others ways would you like to see the rotation be ?

Comments

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm mostly expecting new ones to appear rather than old ones disappearing.
    Mobs disappearing will generally be because players killed them all.
    A combination of both over time.
  • If the mob rotation indeed is about phasing out one mob type for another, one possibility would be to begin seeing fewer of the "young" type(s) of the phased out mob(s) and more of the "young" of the phased in type(s). This reflects the environment changing in favor of the new mob type(s), thus pushing the old mob type(s) out of their "breeding grounds". Once the transition to the new node level stabilizes the new mob type(s) becomes the predominant mob(s) in the area and the old mob (types) are permanently set to their reduced level - at least until the next node transition.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    One major consideration with this is any system put in place needs to also make sense when the content goes down in level, not just when it goes up.

If a node going up from tier 3 to tier 4 causes a specific area shift from being level 20 badgers to level 35 snakes, then should that node then de-level back to tier 3, then those snakes will again be replaced by the same badgers.

I don't have an answer for how I'd do it, but I think it's safe to say that there will be some weirdness going on.
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Speaking of de-leveling, when a siege is successful and the area goes down to zero, should the area mobs also go to the lowest level?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

Partially depends on what’s happened in the surrounding nodes. Also, again, unlikely to pop immediately.
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They are still planning on roaming mobs too. So in addition to leveled mobs in the node's zoi we will have randoms of (hopefully) a variety of levels.

I would like to see the spawns go up and down. Seeing them battle dyring the transitions would be cool.

This is one of the better pitches of something to add to Ashes.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • What I could see for deleveling is the mob past to aggressive and players who live there or just want to past in the nodes would need to fight to do so .
  • midgardmidgard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    how about the other way around ?
    if you kill a suffichent amounth of dire wolfs the normal wolfs show up and if you keep killing it goes down untill you get wolf puppies .
    and if you want to fight the higher level animals you have to go deeper into the forest .
    the bigger the city is the less likely it is to find large animals near it .
    midgard wrote: »
    the bigger the city is the less likely it is to find large animals near it .
    Typically the case in the real world, but not necessarily the case in a world with magic and gods.

• Yeah , it's said that low lvl will be near roads and higher lvl deeper you go in the wild .
    But civilisation will attract attention of greater danger so metropolis will see higher lvls generally speak.

They said once that they are planning to us last generation of AI for gaming , so I hope we will see some fun stuff around mobs.
  • GimlogGimlog Member
    edited December 2019
    Well it's a bit disappointing but still fear .
    New mobs will appear while you are killing the old one and be replaced by time we do so.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would like to see some mobs instead of pets and mounts
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Nagash wrote: »
    I would like to see some mobs instead of pets and mounts

I've been wanting that for a while
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
    edited December 2019
    Ha. Lots of pressure from the community for the devs to model monetized monthly cosmetics, pets and mounts.
    Now they have to race to model mobs, too?

Wouldn't be an issue, I suppose, if we hadn't be told "Before 2020." :p
    That will haunt them for ages
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Lets just all pretend, that they meant 2022. ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • More I lear of the game development more I feel like they are at 5-10% of the game ^^"
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Before 2020 no problem

...Sorry that was supposed to say...

Before 2020? No. Problem!

Hhak63P.png
    Gimlog wrote: »
    More I lear of the game development more I feel like they are at 5-10% of the game ^^"

I think you are right to be honest
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    hmmmm