Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

RP Server

2»

Comments

• Options
    MarcetMarcet Member
    I think RP Guilds are enough, you can make adventure events and be very RP heavy with your guild. Tho if there is a RP server it would be very cool.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Don’t run a poll to see if you should try to do an unofficial RP server.

Just do it. It’ll either work or fail but you’ll never know until you try.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »
    Don’t run a poll to see if you should try to do an unofficial RP server.

Just do it. It’ll either work or fail but you’ll never know until you try.

pretty much this. RP Server always start in small groups on normal servers
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Even if there are no "RP servers," there are still plenty of people who will be interested in RP guilds.

If there are RP guilds I would most definitely be interested.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Holy necro!!
    Nagash??
  • Options
    IridiannyIridianny Member
    edited August 2022
    I posted about this recently! I unfortunately have heard there will not be an official rp server. I understand wanting rp to be a natural part of the game, but that usually isn't the case in mmos with hardcore players. They will ruin immersion for the rpers and they will want to isolate from that naturally.

Unofficial rp servers will be created so why not just create one so it’s easier for them to join right away? I wonder how they would tackle players who want to be on rp servers because they think it will be "easier" for them to be "the best" though.
  • Options
    Because devs have to monitor official RP servers and manage complaints about players who break the official rules.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    Because devs have to monitor official RP servers and manage complaints about players who break the official rules.

They have to do that with every server…
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    No. Not really. Not when all the servers have the same rulesets.
    In Ashes, the devs are not going to be managing complaints that people are breaking RP rules. The devs will ignore any complaints about that.
  • Options
    No. Not really. Not when all the servers have the same rulesets.
    In Ashes, the devs are not going to be managing complaints that people are breaking RP rules. The devs will ignore any complaints about that.

This just doesn’t make any sense… why would they ignore complaints about that and how do you know that for sure? XD

Without an official rp server there will be rp on every server, and people who break rp rules on every server, probably more so than on an official server. Because atleast with an official rp server it’s more consolidated and the community can help self police rule breakers.
  • Options
    Iridianny wrote: »
    Without an official rp server there will be rp on every server, and people who break rp rules on every server, probably more so than on an official server. Because atleast with an official rp server it’s more consolidated and the community can help self police rule breakers.

Yet, somehow the sun will rise tomorrow nonetheless. This doesn't have to be officially coded, just organize an unofficial RP server thread in the forums and have folks join.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    I've never heard of rp rules or enforcement before ever lmfao. They are just servers that rpers generally go to though if there is a instance of someone being banned because of subjective rp rules no wonder they don't exist anymore xD.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    CROW3 wrote: »

Yet, somehow the sun will rise tomorrow nonetheless. This doesn't have to be officially coded, just organize an unofficial RP server thread in the forums and have folks join.

Okay? You just took what I said out of context. But like I said, it’s easier for rpers to find an official server than an unofficial one.
  • Options
    This just doesn’t make any sense… why would they ignore complaints about that and how do you know that for sure? XD

Because there are no official RP rules.
    The devs are not going to referee player created RP rules.

Steven expects RP to take place on Freeholds. You can enforce your RP rules on your Freehold via Freehold Permissions.
    Only give permissions to walk around on you Freehold to those you truest won’t break your rules. And rescind permissions from those who break your rules.

On an unofficial RP server, if someone trolls your open world wedding, you can punish them with PvP combat. Might be able to have them declared enemies of the Node.
    But, the devs/GMs won’t get involved.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Because there are no official RP rules.
    The devs are not going to referee player created RP rules.

?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Official RP Servers:
    Have official, dev-created RP rules.
    Devs have to monitor official RP servers and manage complaints about players who break the official rules.

Unofficial RP Server:
    There are no official RP rules.
    The devs are not going to referee player-created RP rules.
  • Options
    Jo boys, why are we necromancing dead threads again?
  • Options
    Looks like the OP joined the forums yesterday and, of course, is hoping for official RP servers.
  • Options
    What are "RP rules"?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »
    What are "RP rules"?

One of them tends to be no breaking the 4th wall... and in some situations is a ban-able offense.

Most are "too strict" for casual play. I would say hardcore rp is more tedious than general hardcore players.
  • Options
    Why so serious. Sounds like rpers killed their own servers if you can be banned lmfao, what a shame :).

• Options
    One of them tends to be no breaking the 4th wall... and in some situations is a ban-able offense.

Most are "too strict" for casual play. I would say hardcore rp is more tedious than general hardcore players.

I love this rule. It would definitely lead to the RPer's demanding other players be banned to be banned themselves. Then the players that reported them would also be banned... until the server population reaches one.

Maybe we should name the RP server "I am Legend" now?

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Official RP Servers:
    Devs have to monitor official RP servers and manage complaints about players who break the official rules.

Unofficial RP Server:

I would really like to see where you found this information, or are you just assuming? There might be a don’t grief rpers rule regardless of an official rp server or not, especially since Steven said he wants to to be a natural part of the game on every server.
    What are "RP rules"?

The “rules” of rp servers tend to be don’t grief or harass rpers for rping because the “rp” part of the “rpg” you hate so much (yet play every day) is fun for them. I have never seen rules of “don’t break the fourth wall or you get banned.” XD
    Rp is actually not “too strict” and everyone is engaging in it just by playing the rpg, some just like to leave the outside world outside of their game.
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »

I love this rule. It would definitely lead to the RPer's demanding other players be banned to be banned themselves. Then the players that reported them would also be banned... until the server population reaches one.

Maybe we should name the RP server "I am Legend" now?

Huh... I like your take on it. Sadly I'm not an RPer, but I like watching RP and the events that RP players create in MMORPGs. I usually just pretend to be part of a crowd or a passerby and I try not to break people's immersion if I see them roleplaying. But if I was an RPer and someone was trying to break my immersion on purpose I would probably try to pretend that it's just an insane person, and ignore them, especially if there was an ignore option in game (/ignore or /block) that doesn't allow you to see someone else's messages, when they're in the ignore list.

I'm not reporting that someone is breaking my immersion in the real world when I see a crazy person mumbling something that doesn't make sense in the real world.
    I swear, some of these forum threads should be renamed to "Hey Intrepid, can you guys just make a game like WoW, so that we have another WoW to play while waiting for an expansion in WoW?"
  • Options
    Official RP Servers:

Unofficial RP Server:

I would really like to see where you found this information, or are you just assuming? There might be a don’t grief rpers rule regardless of an official rp server or not, especially since Steven said he wants to to be a natural part of the game on every server.
    What are "RP rules"?

The “rules” of rp servers tend to be don’t grief or harass rpers for rping because the “rp” part of the “rpg” you hate so much (yet play every day) is fun for them. I have never seen rules of “don’t break the fourth wall or you get banned.” XD
    Rp is actually not “too strict” and everyone is engaging in it just by playing the rpg, some just like to leave the outside world outside of their game.

This is my idea of a rp server, I've always seen it as a server is called a rp server to draw people there not because there is any special rules that get you banned. Which if it as I think it is there should be nothing wrong with called a rp server a rper server, doesn't mean devs are going to moderate it at all, just allows one to find more people of the same mind set.

Regardless of it being official or not there will be groups that will call certain servers rp servers, pvp servers, etc.