Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Forcing dailies to progress

George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
I just logged out from AAU.
Lovely game, loved my "warrior class" and the PvP.

I will never play it again because in order to become competitive in PvP I have to log in every day to get the reward from dailies. Without them, my stats will always be low.

I hope that AOC will not go down that path.

I hope that in AoC I can play 120 hours straight with my friends and be happy with my progress for the week and then not log in for a couple of days, without feeling that I am missing progress, as opposed to having to log in every single day for 1-2h to complete dailies.

What do you guys think about progress tied to dailies in mmorpgs?

Comments

• Options
    VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dailies are the laziest form of content in MMORPGs. Dailies literally are the developers saying: "we can't make the game fun enough to keep you coming back, so we're implementing this mandatory chore for you to come back every day".

I agree and really hope that Intrepid stays away from dailies and allows us to play the game the way we enjoy it without forcing us log in every day for some quests.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As long as dailies only give money and a bit xp for the player/node, then i would have no problem with them. The big problem, is that many games made their dailies pretty much mandatory.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    As long as dailies only give money and a bit xp for the player/node, then i would have no problem with them. The big problem, is that many games made their dailies pretty much mandatory.

I had never looked at AA before but did some homework on it when AAU was announced and the one thing that just completely turned me off it was the daily quest grind being the best way to progress. Rinse and repeat the same set of quests day in day out to remain competitive, no thank you not for me. While some may not view this as a grind it is for me.
    I just want to log in to a game and just be able to head off and do what I please while not feeling obligated to follow the same quest grind every day, day in day out because the rewards are too good to ignore. But then there are those who would view my play style as a grind if you count exploring, harvesting while slowly kill mobs as you go with the occasional quest thrown in here and there.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steven has already weighed in that Ashes Dailies will not male players feel like they are obligatory or that they are missing out if they skip them.
    The reward structure is not going to rewarding significant stat increases - I doubt Dailies will impact stats at all.
    I expect Ashes Dailies to take considerably less than an hour to complete. Because most MMORPG players don't have an hour to play every day.
  • Options
    HeartbeatHeartbeat Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I hope to god whatever dailies there are in-game they're not the kind where you'll NEED to do them everyday or else you'll be "inefficient" or end up falling behind if you dont do them. Luckily I think they've said in a dev stream or somewhere that dailies wont play a big factor in progression and there won't be a ton of them.