Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Worldbosses and eventual storylines that you would like to see one day in AoC

DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
The title says it all people!

What do i mean with storylines?
Something like the Living World from GW2, meaning a quasi expansion, but instead of adding new territories, they add new story content, events etc to the already existing map.

What i would like to see:

-"The Terror from Below!":
A mad Tulnar Alchemist/Engineer sends his mechanical minions to the overworld and tries to takeover nodes. All nodes that are taken over get turned into scientific/military nodes under an AI dictatorship. Spawns several worldboss golems that serve as his enforcers and the nodes can only be reconquered after the respective golem is destroyed. (1 golem for each taken node)

-"The Crushing Tide!":
An earthquake in the ocean roused a ginourmous creature from the bottom of the sea and it attacks all coastal nodes until it is either killed or soothed. The soothing could be a epic/legendary questchain that needs the cooperation of several nodes to complete and raids to be cleared.

-"The Giant Rabble-Rouser!":
A corrupted giant awakes in the mountains and starts spreading corruption. This starts mutating specific resources into rare and exotic materials for the duration of the giants existence and for some time after its demise. More and more adds spawn with rising levels that attack all surrounding nodes, until the giant is slain.
a6XEiIf.gif

Comments

• Options
    Whatever you do, don't pull a sylvanas fanfiction. And as much as i'd love stories to evolve based on player choices, that would mean that you would need a potentially different story for every server. Maybe write multiple stories and have a specific one trigger when a certain variable is obtained. That way stories are not the same across all servers but can be as you can only have so many variables and possible storylines. I don't know i'm kind of just rambling. Also do not pull a game of throne season 8 and 180 a character in a single episode with 0 explanation.
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    when you said "The Terror from Below!" I thought of rat men
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »

Well yes the mad Tulnar scientist is a ratman. I thought that was obvious.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

Well yes the mad Tulnar scientist is a ratman. I thought that was obvious.

remind me not to build a pyramid next to that city then
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace