Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Racial Starting Zone Prediction

MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
[img][/img]CWpEOIv.png




So I thought it would be fun to speculate on which divine gateway each of the races would enter Verra during A1.
Now I am merely going off the bits of lore and the info Steven has given out. I am only basing this off of the divine gateway being situated near one of the major races fallen cities of old.

-Aela Human-
They were the largest of Verra's races their empire bordered most of the other races and they were sailors.
The Vaelune are desert dwellers and the Kaelar are Imperialistic.

-Kaivec Orc
They were tribal and warriors in the old world
The Ren'kai are warriors who believe in taking what is theirs. The Vek are more pacifist and astrologers.

-Dunzenkell Dwarf
They were master artisans and mainly kept to themselves in their mountains.
The Dunir is the traditional mountain dwarves. The Nikua are coastal.

-Pyrian Elf
They were forest dwellers, mages and the second-largest empire next to the humans.
The Py'rai are guardians of the forests and believe in preserving nature. Empyreans are militaristic and powerful mages, more civilized.

The one that I am 100% about are the Aela humans. I just kept thinking if they were a civilization of millions of people, the largest race and they were feared before the fall they would need vast amounts of fertile land to feed all those people. Not to mention access to many ports for trade and military maneuvering.

Don't blast me in the comments, this was just a fun thing to do.

let me know what you all think and where you would predict the spawn will be.
«1

Comments

  • BehagueBehague Member
    edited January 2020
    Yeah I assumed the orc and dwarfs around the other way
    Because the Nikua with their tropical slands and the one type of Orcs (Vek?) with their towers for star worship.
  • I'm thinking the same as Behague. I feel like the Dwarves are top left and the Orcs are top right. Although I was expecting more mountains in the dwarf area.
  • HartwellHartwell Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2020
    Because of the Japanese building inspiration of the Ren'Kai, I assume that the Ren'Kai had previously been in the snowy mountainous area that looks kinda textured like Japan's terrain in the Northeast.
    https://www.nasa.gov/images/content/533364main_japan_20110405_lg_full.jpg

    The zone next to that one has a ton of hills depicted in the map, which would match up with Vek concept art of their buildings being on hills.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/images/d/d6/AshesOfCreation_ProductionArt_004.jpg
  • HartwellHartwell Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The thing I don't get though is that the Nukia have a tropical culture. The Dunir have images of them having ruined castles in the mountainous snowy areas. These environments couldn't have been more different. How could they have made it through the same divine gateway? Perhaps the Dunir had to share with the orcs?
  • Personally went I saw that the snow area was on the opposite side of the dwarf gate I got those image of the dwarf castle with all the snow and it come to my mind that castle may be place this way for the 5 races.
    Castle in opposite side of gate.
  • HartwellHartwell Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2020
    pjHtQTj.jpg
    It might be easier to communicate if the points on the map were given labels. Here are my new guesses. The Vek and Ren'Kai feel pretty hard to nail down, if the Dünir are to be put into the snowy mountains.

    A : Mesa Warpgate
    A1 : Vek? - Mesas might be good for star gazing.
    A2 : Niküa - Tropical land.

    B : Tundra Warpgate
    B1 : Ren'Kai? - As conquerors, the Ren'Kai had more than likely raised molded the cultures of their neighbors. The Dünir construct defenses from the mountains. Empyreans are militaristic. Py'Rai may protect the borders of the forest nearby.
    B2 : Dünir? - Snow covered peaks are good natural defenses. Perfect for dwarven fortresses.

    C : Grassland Coast Warpgate
    C1 : Kaelar - Perfect for farmland, horses, and laying down an empire.
    C2 : Vaelune - Desert land with plenty of contact to the sea.

    D : Woodland Coast Warpgate
    D1 : Empyrean - Surrounded by forestland, but the forest is contained and orderly.
    D2 : Py'Rai - Dark forest, dense with trees. Dead wood is present on the map, showing that any inhabitants have allowed nature to take its course.

    My other guess is that the Dünir were almost entirely pushed out of their land by the conquest version of the Kaivek and that the remaining Dünir land got corrupted. The pushed out Dünir could've ended up in the mesas. That would let the Dünir be at A1, the Vek at B1, and the Ren'Kai at B2.
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2020
    I'm not sure if it's correct to try to base the starting zones off the sub races as it was their parent race that went into the portal. If the portals were made near where the races lived, they would be in the location where the parent race was located.

    I think i agree with OPs predictions.
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    I'm not sure if it's correct to try to base the starting zones off the sub races as it was their parent race that went into the portal. If the portals were made near where the races lived, they would be in the location where the parent race was located.

    I think i agree with OPs predictions.

    You said it better than I could lol
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I just want to see the ruins of the old world
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • @Nagash don't lay to us we all know that' it's the ruins that you're going to create who interests you ;)
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Gimlog wrote: »
    @Nagash don't lay to us we all know that' it's the ruins that you're going to create who interests you ;)

    I was talking about my old home but you are right as well
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2020
    Top left are the dwarvs. It has tropical archipelagos/islands to the south of the node and mountainous regions to the north.
    Bottom left are the humans. They have plains and desert which fit the human design philosophies.
    Top right are the orcs. Vek orcs had swamps shown in some of their artwork, and the traditional japanese buildings could fit in beautifully with high terrain and mountainous regions (could be swapped, if the vek like stargazing, then high terrain would make sense for them).
    Bottom right are the elves. It has two kinds of forrests: a summerforrest fitting for the empire elves and a dark forrest fitting for their wilder cousins.
    roaaztC.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Top left are the dwarvs. It has tropical archipelagos/islands to the south of the node and mountainous regions to the north.
    Bottom left are the humans. They have plains and desert which fit the human design philosophies.
    Top right are the orcs. Vek orcs had swamps shown in some of their artwork, and the traditional japanese buildings could fit in beautifully with high terrain and mountainous regions (could be swapped, if the vek like stargazing, then high terrain would make sense for them).
    Bottom right are the elves. It has two kinds of forrests: a summerforrest fitting for the empire elves and a dark forrest fitting for their wilder cousins.

    sounds about right
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    I just want to see the ruins of the old world

    So you can move in?
    I'm not sure if it's correct to try to base the starting zones off the sub races as it was their parent race that went into the portal. If the portals were made near where the races lived, they would be in the location where the parent race was located.

    I think i agree with OPs predictions.

    This is how I understand it the real divergence in the races has mainly taken place since they left Verra. The dwarves and orcs could be on either of the northern start points IMO.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited January 2020
    I thought maybe swap the dwarves and orcs, but now I'm not so sure. I think I agree with OP's positioning regarding where the races would likely best fit lore-wise.

    As for starting areas, players can choose their gateway; it's not race-locked (https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Starting_areas#cite_note-livestream-16-October-2017-53:58-2).
  • nibiru97nibiru97 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Damokles wrote: »
    Top left are the dwarvs. It has tropical archipelagos/islands to the south of the node and mountainous regions to the north.

    I agree, maybe they intended the Dunir's starting settlement to be closer to the Grey mountains up top, but that is too far from the portal. They wouldn't be able to move the portal because the Nikua had to be on the tropical beach.
  • VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think Damokles is right on the locations. Makes the most sense to show off sub race architecture early.
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I agree with Maki's post. For @Nagash your undead kingdom is behind the barred door in the Temple of the Damed on Apocalypse.
    fNX2ISa.png


  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    sunfrog wrote: »
    I agree with Maki's post. For @Nagash your undead kingdom is behind the barred door in the Temple of the Damed on Apocalypse.

    My kingdom of death is everywhere and anywhere as all souls belong to me, and all souls are me. For all are nagash.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2020
    Nagash wrote: »
    sunfrog wrote: »
    I agree with Maki's post. For @Nagash your undead kingdom is behind the barred door in the Temple of the Damed on Apocalypse.

    My kingdom of death is everywhere and anywhere as all souls belong to me, and all souls are me. For all are nagash.
    Just for that I’m going to build an army of automatons to crush you. :angry:

    Souls not needed!
     
    Hhak63P.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2020
    Atama wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    sunfrog wrote: »
    I agree with Maki's post. For @Nagash your undead kingdom is behind the barred door in the Temple of the Damed on Apocalypse.

    My kingdom of death is everywhere and anywhere as all souls belong to me, and all souls are me. For all are nagash.
    Just for that I’m going to build an army of automatons to crush you. :angry:

    Souls not needed!

    Oh bring it I need more metal for my army
    catherine-o-connor-co544-wh-aos-ossiarchbonereapers-gothizzarharvester.jpg?1568115777
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »
    Atama wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    sunfrog wrote: »
    I agree with Maki's post. For @Nagash your undead kingdom is behind the barred door in the Temple of the Damed on Apocalypse.

    My kingdom of death is everywhere and anywhere as all souls belong to me, and all souls are me. For all are nagash.
    Just for that I’m going to build an army of automatons to crush you. :angry:

    Souls not needed!

    Oh bring it I need more metal for my army
    catherine-o-connor-co544-wh-aos-ossiarchbonereapers-gothizzarharvester.jpg?1568115777

    You lost once already, USURPER!
    The mighty Ushabti, Hierotitans and Warsphinxes of Nehekara banished you once, and they will do so once more!
    THE MORTUARY CULT STANDS STRONG!

    dc1x69e-a7207826-0c1f-4cc3-9200-f48b88978bed.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzI5ZTE3Y2Y0LTQ0NTktNGNmNy05NjlmLWIzMDE5ZDYzOWJjNFwvZGMxeDY5ZS1hNzIwNzgyNi0wYzFmLTRjYzMtOTIwMC1mNDhiODg5NzhiZWQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.2KUC-QjYPmEQo1VY9TtP5RobYXRxD6cen9Wr9Pc3fjc
    roaaztC.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Atama wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    sunfrog wrote: »
    I agree with Maki's post. For @Nagash your undead kingdom is behind the barred door in the Temple of the Damed on Apocalypse.

    My kingdom of death is everywhere and anywhere as all souls belong to me, and all souls are me. For all are nagash.
    Just for that I’m going to build an army of automatons to crush you. :angry:

    Souls not needed!

    Oh bring it I need more metal for my army
    catherine-o-connor-co544-wh-aos-ossiarchbonereapers-gothizzarharvester.jpg?1568115777

    You lost once already, USURPER!
    The mighty Ushabti, Hierotitans and Warsphinxes of Nehekara banished you once, and they will do so once more!
    THE MORTUARY CULT STANDS STRONG!

    dc1x69e-a7207826-0c1f-4cc3-9200-f48b88978bed.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzI5ZTE3Y2Y0LTQ0NTktNGNmNy05NjlmLWIzMDE5ZDYzOWJjNFwvZGMxeDY5ZS1hNzIwNzgyNi0wYzFmLTRjYzMtOTIwMC1mNDhiODg5NzhiZWQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.2KUC-QjYPmEQo1VY9TtP5RobYXRxD6cen9Wr9Pc3fjc

    I also survived the doom of the old world yet I see no hide nor hair of your cult
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace

  • Makinoji wrote: »
    The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions...

    Um..ever met a lich?
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I hope never to meet one...
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ravudha wrote: »
    Makinoji wrote: »
    The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions...

    Um..ever met a lich?

    well when everyone's dead there are no problems ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I hope never to meet one...

    Oh you did. In this very thread ;)
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    True. But Nagash is a nice lich.
    Helping out, encouraging the kiddies, playing with pets, plotting destruction, etc.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    True. But Nagash is a nice lich.
    Helping out, encouraging the kiddies, playing with pets, plotting destruction, etc.

    sounds about right
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
Sign In or Register to comment.