Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Question about Housing

Hey guys, do I understand correctly that I can in fact build my home anywhere I'd like on the map (excluding of course Raid/Dungeon areas and whatnot) like let's say if I find a nice lake in a middle of nowhere far from civilization? Or does it have to be at distance from a Node or something?

And what's the situation about potential attacks? Somewhere I read that it can be attacked only if the Node was successfully sieged, but I also read that you can build a house anywhere, so I don't understand? Is every spot on the map is connected to a Node?

Comments

• Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You can put down your Freehold anywhere in the ZOI of a zone that is level 3 (town) and up. There will be areas you cannot plunk it down (roads, too close to some features, etc.).
    So, yes and no. Yes, pretty much anywhere. No, you have to be in the ZOI of a developed node.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Freeholds

Yes, you can only be attacked after a successful siege of the node you are part of (please note, anything can be changed, so it will be tested in upcoming tests).
  • Options
    nibiru97nibiru97 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We don't know the exact distance, but we won't be able to put a freehold within a certain distance of nodes because there needs to be room for the village to expand into a metro. If your spot is too far from civilization odds are that area wont be in the ZOI of a lvl 3+ node.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Freeholds may be placed anywhere within the ZOI of a stage 3 node (or higher) so long as they are not in close proximity to any of the following:

Pathing routes (Roadways).
    Dungeons and other points of interest.
    Spawn areas.
    Other freehold plots.
    Hard terrain features, such as mountainsides or cliffs.
    Freehold plots will require a certificate from the parent node in order to place the plot.[

The more advanced a node is, the more freeholds can be built within its ZOI.

Collections of freeholds placed together are considered part of their parent node and do not become a separate node, other than via roleplay.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    KaselKasel Member, Founder
    Interesting. Thanks guys