Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Caravan skin mounts question?

PinkberryPinkberry Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I was looking for the answer to this, but couldn't find a definite it.

For the caravan skins can we still use any mount we want or will the mount that comes with the skin art just take over the mount that is in place.

Or is it a toggle on/off?

Or is it just the harness in the art that is hooked up on the steed or whatever mount you have attached that is shown when you put on the skin?

Comments

• Options
    I'm completely speculating but base on the fact that Steven said once that they are looking on the possibly the only us some of the part of a skin ( like 3 out of 8 pieces )
    It could be implemented for caravan to.
  • Options
    LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Until IS otherwise says so it's probably best to assume that cosmetic items can only be used to skin items of the same type. We currently know that aquatic mounts can only reskin other aquatic mounts, and that gliding mounts can only reskin other gliding mounts. With that in mind, it's safe to assume that cosmetic caravan skins can ONLY be used to reskin caravans.
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited January 2020
    Gimlog wrote: »
    I'm completely speculating but base on the fact that Steven said once that they are looking on the possibly the only us some of the part of a skin ( like 3 out of 8 pieces )
    It could be implemented for caravan to.

Can you cite this for me, because this is not the current understanding

In fact full body cosmetics are one piece.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    i do vaguely remember in a live stream him saying something to that effect. like being able to toggle some pieces of a cosmetic off/on. but that was a while ago cause no one has been writing things from the live streams as often.

but anyway, i can only assume that the mounts in the picture don't come with the caravan just like the weapons in the art with the costumes don't come with it or re-skin your weapons.

there is a lot we don't know about the little details yet, but i wouldn't mind if the caravan skin reigns attached to the caravan skin overlay the mount you have attached. (if that makes sense)
  • Options
    LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Pinkberry wrote: »
    i do vaguely remember in a live stream him saying something to that effect. like being able to toggle some pieces of a cosmetic off/on. but that was a while ago cause no one has been writing things from the live streams as often.

but anyway, i can only assume that the mounts in the picture don't come with the caravan just like the weapons in the art with the costumes don't come with it or re-skin your weapons.

there is a lot we don't know about the little details yet, but i wouldn't mind if the caravan skin reigns attached to the caravan skin overlay the mount you have attached. (if that makes sense)

I understand what you're saying, but until IS confirms this is something they can/are willing to do I would not buy a caravan skin in hopes I'll be able to ride the animal part of it as it's own mount. As cool as the giant wolf mount from the Rime and Reins one was. Save your money and don't risk getting something you won't be able to use the way you wanted.
  • Options
    That is absolutely true @Lyiat