Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dev discussion 14 look like no one know the game mechanism...

I read most of the opinions in the dev discussion 14 and I'm depressed of the opinions of peoples who clearly never read this https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Nodes

All those opinions are as if Aoc was a game like the others... with low and high lvl area but it's not ...

For a time there will be high nodes lvls near gates and it mean that there will high lvls mobs near it to ... just have a thought for new player who arrive in metropolis with high lvl content while they just get throw the gates...
Sure there will be low lvl content to in metropolis but less than in nodes lvl 1.

So guys inform your self and after it give a constructive opinions that fit Aoc mechanism.

Comments

• Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You are making some very broad assumptions there. After all, we don't know what the ratio of low level to high level monsters will be present in a metropolis zone of influence. We don't yet know how the scaling of the mobs works as a node levels up. While I agree it's something to keep in mind I don't see what this has to do with the dev discussion. The dev discussion is asking about system that scale a high level player down to do low level content.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Gimlog wrote: »
    I read most of the opinions in the dev discussion 14 and I'm depressed of the opinions of peoples who clearly never read this https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Nodes

All those opinions are as if Aoc was a game like the others... with low and high lvl area but it's not ...

For a time there will be high nodes lvls near gates and it mean that there will high lvls mobs near it to ... just have a thought for new player who arrive in metropolis with high lvl content while they just get throw the gates...
    Sure there will be low lvl content to in metropolis but less than in nodes lvl 1.

So guys inform your self and after it give a constructive opinions that fit Aoc mechanism.

Don't forget there won't be high level nodes right outside the divine gates, there are 2 starter areas at each divine gate for the players who are just arriving to situated before venturing out into the rest of the real world.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    @Wandering Mist what it as to do with the discussion is that most of the comments against equalization don't consider that high and low lvl will quickly play in same areas . The only thing between the gates and lvl 4 nodes and ahead will be this starting area that Jahlon as mentioned.

Most of them say " going back to low lvl area " while there may no be a going back to a low area because it has become a node 5 ect.

Sure we don't know how mobs will be present.
    We only know that there won't be a lvl 5-10 area or a 45-50 but a mix of it base on geological influence and point of interest.
    (Ps: personally I don't understand why asking us now about it while we know nothing but well...)

In the end most of them throw comments that don't fit the world of Aoc , this what I complain.

• Options
    HumblePuffinHumblePuffin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I agree that some of the comments are not necessarily in line with the overall vision of the game play, but one reason why I do think it may be extremely important for them to put in a deleveling mechanic is precisely because of their overall vision.

With the constant flux or the world there will constantly be new high level and low level content popping up. The high level content you’re presumably going to get to eventually no matter what, but it’s very possible that you could miss out on very fun/interesting low level quests that pop up down the line.

Hopefully they figure out a good way to handle this fluctuation in content, without just going the easy route of “everything scales to everything automatically!”
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Wandering Mist what it as to do with the discussion is that most of the comments against equalization don't consider that high and low lvl will quickly play in same areas . The only thing between the gates and lvl 4 nodes and ahead will be this starting area that Jahlon as mentioned.

Most of them say " going back to low lvl area " while there may no be a going back to a low area because it has become a node 5 ect.

Sure we don't know how mobs will be present.
    We only know that there won't be a lvl 5-10 area or a 45-50 but a mix of it base on geological influence and point of interest.
    (Ps: personally I don't understand why asking us now about it while we know nothing but well...)

In the end most of them throw comments that don't fit the world of Aoc , this what I complain.

Again, it depends on how they implement it. Let's say for example that you have a level 1 node. From the node walls to 500m away you will find level 1-10 mobs. When the node upgrades to level 2, the area immediately surrounding the node will still contain the same level 1-10 mobs. However, from 500-1000m away from the walls (the area that has just been taken over by the node) you will find level 10-20 mobs. As the node levels up and the zone of influence gets bigger, more higher level areas are added, whilst still leaving the level 1-10 mobs right outside the walls.

I have absolutely no idea if they will do this but it would be a way of keeping low level areas around even when they go to metropolis zones of influence.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    From the page you linked...

We don’t have a strictly level 25 zone. Instead, that zone might have some level 10 creatures near the road, some level 20 creatures deep in the forest, and some level 30 creatures up the mountain. These ratios will change based on the Nodes that inform them, becoming generally more dangerous as the Node grows.
    Now, since the developers have already considered the need of players to travel between nodes with there being lower level mobs near roads, you would have to have a very low level of confidence in their ability to think they would build a system that saw new players surrounded by high level mobs right away.

Just because they haven't explicitly said they will do this (though they may well have said something) that doesn't mean they won't make allowances for things that need them.
  • Options
    @noaani if they are going to do it well , why does they ask about equalization in the first place ?

Why asking our opinions if most of the content that may be affected by equalization is unknown of the community?

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    @noaani if they are going to do it well , why does they ask about equalization in the first place ?

Why asking our opinions if most of the content that may be affected by equalization is unknown of the community?

Because they like to engage the community.

Do you really think they are taking notes on what we have to say?
  • Options
    You have the point.