Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Some funny DLC

Based on the mechanism of a full group of one archetype casting a battlefield size ability, I thought it could be fun if they extend the mechanism at different combinations of races religions organisations classes.

Like a full group of one religion being able to summon a avatar of there god , don't really need to do any things useful but a area benediction could be nice.

Throw some of your crazy ideas that could be fun to add post launch ;)

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Iit would be awesome if Archmages could band together to cast massive AoEs like a giant blizzard!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Could be awesome yes ^^ some regional transformations abilities could be fun but may become a big mess if lots of groups throwing them ^^"
    Gimlog wrote: »
    Could be awesome yes ^^ some regional transformations abilities could be fun but may become a big mess if lots of groups throwing them ^^"

They could make it so, that spells with more casters would overwrite already existing aoes. A blizzard cast by 5 archmages would cancel a blizzard cast by 4 archmages.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • It would be awesome if fighter/summoner or summoner/fighter could summon a giant sword from the sky to obliterate ennemies when it lands. Like this one here :

330px-Sargeras_Sword.png?version=44796706aa737354361ef89e37f4fea2
  • @Damokles de are speeking of full group that could cast those ability and I'm sure you'll see more than 3 groups using it at the same place ^^"
  • This sword is to OP , maybe if you have a chance of running out of the AoE it could be fun , like a frame of 2 sec where if your are in the centre you can still run out.
  • Well, it's a random image I found, I think that taking a sword as high as a mountain would be completely broken xD it just illustrate the idea I had as you can guess.

What I wonder is what could be the "indicator" that indicates the sword is coming, some zone displaying itself on the ground, or maybe the particles coming out the casters, maybe a huge sound that makes you look into the sky. To me the "stylish-est" would be the sound of the sword popping out of nowhere to fall.

I also wonder, when you cast a "grouped" spell, who choose where it falls. Does it requires to be grouped ? So many questions.
  • Yeah a sound or a glow effect could work.

Well if I remember well it has been said that it's the leader of the group that initiates and chose where to cast.
    So some time you will join some random for the fun of casting it and the leader maybe a troll or you may do it with mate of your guild and the leader would probably be some one making a good chose ;)
  • ZephiriusZephirius Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    While I would very much like to see a mechanic like this, it is most likely somewhat out of scope. Summoners will have this type of ability, that much we know, but I have not personally read or heard it would be available for other caster types. I stand to be educated, though, if I'm wrong.
  • @Gimlog Let's just hope if we got a troll of a lead' to cast it, it won't harm ourselves xD

I did not read anything like this too. It was a random idea popping in my mind when I read the thread, it would be neet if it could become true tho'.
  • @Ishka crazy stuff pop in mine to and the forum it 50% all about it ;)
  • Ishka wrote: »
    It would be awesome if fighter/summoner or summoner/fighter could summon a giant sword from the sky to obliterate ennemies when it lands. Like this one here :

330px-Sargeras_Sword.png?version=44796706aa737354361ef89e37f4fea2

I recall seeing a youtube video, where someone did some math of why this would just destroy Azeroth. Just the estimated size, mass and force of it being slammed in. This was some estimated stuff etc. It has been quite some time since i saw it. I'm not sure if he was onto something though
  • IshkaIshka Member
    edited January 2020
    I guess such overkill skill could see the day with hundreds of summoners. But for what purposes, destroy a city ? :D Imagine the time & organisation just to start casting such a spell. I doubt they even make a tiny version of it, like I thought in the first place.

I just had another idea, if they do such a thing like summoning a falling sword, it would be nice if it stays for a duration with a collision. Just like the tank's ability to summon a wall. It could provide a bit of cover from ranged attacks and more than using it for the damages, it could bring a tactical advantage in a battlefield.

(it's nice to dream lol)

EDIT : I heard some classes could potentially have the ability to climb things. It would nice that some classes could take a high position onto the sword to shot things more or less safely.
  • GimlogGimlog Member
    edited January 2020
    8 bards grouping and cast a concert allowing good area buffs x)
    Gimlog wrote: »
    8 bards grouping and cast a concert allowing good area buffs x)

Perfoming an epic ballad, or a theatrical piece would be way cooler xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What if you just had a group of Fighter/Fighter characters? No crazy magic, just one of those cartoon dust-cloud ruckuses with fists and weapons flying everywhere.
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
    leonerdo wrote: »
    What if you just had a group of Fighter/Fighter characters? No crazy magic, just one of those cartoon dust-cloud ruckuses with fists and weapons flying everywhere.

Did somebody say... CYCLE CHARGE?!?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • leonerdo wrote: »

Don't forget that ennemies needs to fly aswell when they get hit by the crowd of fighter xD
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Army of the dead
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How about a whole raid of necromancers group casting raise dead. Poof! Instant army!
    How about a whole raid of necromancers group casting raise dead. Poof! Instant army!

How about a whole raid of clerics casting turn undead? Poof! Army gone. ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • I remember In Alteric Valley in wow people could summon a huge npc if right conditions were met similar things could happen in Battlegrounds and maybe even in raids. Would be a great game mechanic to include in Ashes of Creation.
  • Yeah only base on classes and races they have 73 group type , it will be a waste to not us it with there idea of group abilities !