Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tier 3 Freehold Building if the Node is in Town Stage?

horendishorendis Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
Can Freehold Buildings level up faster than my Node using Freehold progression?
I know we have limited info and things can change, however...
Tell me if I understand this correctly (with the current info we have received so far...).
- At Village stage, (gathering materials/certificate), I can place a Freehold.
Then, (materials/blueprint), I can place a Basic Building.

- Once the node reaches a Town stage, I can build a Tier 1 building (obtaining the schematics from loot/social/auction/Scientific College)
Then, City Stage - Tier 2 building, Metropolis - Tier 3 building. OR?

If it takes like over a month for the node to reach the City Stage, could I place Tier 1, then 2, then 3 as my Freehold's length of time and production increases? or do I need to wait for my Node to level up?

I already asked my one question for the livestream on a different topic, but I was interested in what you all thought.

Tier 3 Freehold Building if the Node is in Town Stage?
Thanks, - Horendis.

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    We do know that freeholds level in experience the longer they exist.

The mechanics of going from 1 to 2 to 3 we do not know.

What specifically you are asking, we do not have specific answers to, just extrapolated information We know it is possible, we just do not know the specifics.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    horendishorendis Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Yes, probably so. I was looking at this from Ashes Wiki:
    Freehold progression
    Freehold buildings are able to be levelled up based on the length of time and productivity of the freehold.[21]

Freehold progression unlocks new bonuses, abilities and capabilities.[21]
    We want there to be progression in many systems and part of the freehold progression is that when you establish these base buildings the longer and more productive you are and exist with that freehold, the more opportunity those buildings will have to both level up: offering new bonuses, new abilities, new capabilities; and just surviving in this world is a feat in and of itself, so it's rewarded by allowing progression with those things.[21] – Steven Sharif

This would seem to suggest that the length of time/productivity was separate from Node rank. If I wanted to place a Freehold on a Metropolis Node and had acquired a Tier 3 schematic, would I have to wait until the "timer" leveled me up or could I just plop down a Tier 3 building right away.. I was looking at the Scientific Node College, etc. realizing that you couldn't get a Tier 1 schematic until the Town stage which I thought Tier 1 was the first building, but it looks like you would get a base building before that at Village stage unless all you got was the plot of land and you had to wait.

Was hoping someone had figured that out, but like you said, just extrapolation at this point. Thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    If I wanted to place a Freehold on a Metropolis Node and had acquired a Tier 3 schematic, would I have to wait until the "timer" leveled me up or could I just plop down a Tier 3 building right away.

No probably not. You'd have to drop it as a level 1 and grow it, but again we have no idea of all the mechanics.

Plus remember, a freehold can outlive its node due to Sieges and the shifting of Zones of Influences. Its possible that you could have a freehold attached to a Node that gets sieges, then you manage to defend that freehold after the siege for the 2 hour window, and then the Zones of Influence shift around and your freehold ends up attached to a different node.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
  • Options
    HartwellHartwell Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm kind of split on what I'd be happy with on the subject of leveling up a freehold. Node progression should be important in developing freeholds, but to what extent? I hope the direction they go is to make node progression speed up freehold progression, but not limit cap the freehold progression to the node progression. There is already a mountain of reasons to live inside of a top tier nodes from what I can gather. Tier 3 freeholds don't need to be another reason on top of the pile.
  • Options
    Being in a ZOI of metropolis isn't hard , once there be 5 metropolis they cover -+20% of the map each.
    So it won't be a issue until the metropolis you are in the ZOI is destroyed.
  • Options
    What's the difference between a Freehold and a Node? Isn't one used for guildhalls the other for towns and/or cities?
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Flamerule wrote: »
    What's the difference between a Freehold and a Node? Isn't one used for guildhalls the other for towns and/or cities?
    A freehold is something you can build in a node’s “zone of influence” (ZOI) as long as that node has reached Level 3 or higher. It is one type of player housing available. Freeholds are large (half an acre) and have restrictions as to where they can be placed (they can’t be too near or overlap certain things in the environment). You can build multiple buildings on a freehold.

Other kinds of player housing are apartments, which are instanced interior spaces you enter from a door in a static building within a node, and static houses which unlike apartments are visible from the outside. You can’t move these types of housing unlike freeholds, they just are where they are in the node.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Gimlog wrote: »
    Being in a ZOI of metropolis isn't hard , once there be 5 metropolis they cover -+20% of the map each.
    So it won't be a issue until the metropolis you are in the ZOI is destroyed.

There is some differences between being under the umbrella ZOIs and being in the nodes ZOI. We are still waiting for those details.
    Flamerule wrote: »

Freeholds are player owned property out in the world. Nodes are far more complicated.

This is what I've put together to help people understand Nodes: https://www.paradoxgaming.net/aocnodes
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    From what has been said before, I take it as you can build your freehold, and the buildings on it level on their own time. The only issue is you cannot build the upgraded buildings unless you get the plans from a high level node. I don't think it has to be the node you are in the ZOI of, just that you have the blueprints.
    So, I think you can level your buildings as quickly as you want, but cannot upgrade them unless there is a high level node somewhere in the world.
  • Options
    @Jahlon are you referring that there may be a deference between having a freehold in the ZOI of a vassal node and being near the parent metropolis?
    From the destruction mechanism of freehold i don't see deference.
    Could you explain your thought?
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    @Jahlon are you referring that there may be a deference between having a freehold in the ZOI of a vassal node and being near the parent metropolis?

If your Freehold is in the ZoI of a node that is a vassal of a larger node (which itself may be a vassal of another even larger still node), then you are a citizen of that initial vassal node, not of the larger or even larger still node.

If that larger or even larger still node is successfully sieged, as far as we are aware that puts your freehold in absolutely no danger. You and your freehold are only in danger if the node that you are a citizen of is successfully sieged.
  • Options
    HartwellHartwell Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    noaani wrote: »

If your Freehold is in the ZoI of a node that is a vassal of a larger node (which itself may be a vassal of another even larger still node), then you are a citizen of that initial vassal node, not of the larger or even larger still node.

If that larger or even larger still node is successfully sieged, as far as we are aware that puts your freehold in absolutely no danger. You and your freehold are only in danger if the node that you are a citizen of is successfully sieged.
    It would make sense if the closer nodes took priority over the ZOIs, because local government make a greater difference than a broad governing body miles away.
  • Options
    @Gimlog

So there is a ton of stuff to do with nodes. I've spelled that all out here: https://www.paradoxgaming.net/aocnodes

Long Story Short:

When you are a citizen, you are a citizen to a particular node. Even if your node is under the Parent/Vassal relationship, you are still a citizen of the individual node you belong to.

Even when the parent/vassal relationship is in full swing and parent nodes are taking on vassals, the original node maintains the integrity of its Zone of Influence. You could be a level 3 node, and a level 4, a level 5, and a level 6 node could all be extending their ZOIs over your node, but your Node maintains that original ZOI.

hpsmlCJ.jpg