Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How would your ideal day as a blended PVE / PVP player look like? (after Marzo)

skafftarussskafftaruss Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
What would you like to do during the day? Which activities will you try to do as often as you can?
Will your schedule be different during weekends? Thanks @marzo.

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. Log in.
    2. Visit the market to look for new gems, materials etc.
    3. Ask around in the guild if anyone found new resources and if so, where they are.
    4. Go forraging.
    5. Quest a bit.
    6. Return to node.
    7. Prepare for dungeons or raids.
    8. Go dungeondiving or raiding with guild mates.
    9. Return with new materials.
    10. Craft things.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Go out, kill stuff, go home.
  • Options
    Going out of the town to farm like a braindead ape for some hours, gather resources, sell my finds or use them for crafting. Look for some cheap items to buy and keep them for later. Farm again ... Eventually someone will decide to fight me, and hopefully I will farm him just as I farm the monsters, until he brings some of his mates, if not already, and as the tradition wants, I will bring friends myself until this shit escalate into a huge group fight, and I will only stop when the blood dept will be paid. Then, farm again like before. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) With some luck there will be dungeons, bosses and all the other activities you can do beside this.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    To me mmorpg is an adventure with the goal of seeing as many places as possible.

If the game is not challenging, like ESO for example, the meaning behind exploring and discovering goes away, since everything is given to you on a silver plater.

That is why character progression is necessary, for the adventure to have a meaning.
  • Options
    I want to see my character grow.
    The only measure to see this, is by daring new places that I was too weak to go before.
    I need levels (stats) to have a meaning.
    New abilities.
    Hard earned gear.

I want to achieve all those things, fighting the environment and othet players ehose interests collide with mine.

In sooner or later teamplay is required
  • Options
    Teamplay involves from friends to contast group to guild.
    Luckily aoc has guild content
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I plan to approach this as a PvE game where I’m working with allies to overcome obstacles to improve my character, profit, and achieve goals. I see the PvP side as an additional obstacle to overcome, an additional “spice” bringing unpredictable dangers to the game. A reason maybe to team up with others for mutual protection against raiders.

This is at the team level, guild level, and city/node level.

I am hoping for an experience like the original Sword Art Online anime series, where PvP is infrequent but happens on occasion and is always a potential threat. Without the whole permadeath (in real life!) side of things. :)

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    does Dungeon Keeper count?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like turtles
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    1. Log in with a plan
    2. Abandon the plan because the world has changed in pleasantly surprising ways, making me want to pursue something new that will lead me on a trail of discovery and reward
  • Options
    I want to find a new friend :)