Icons and Emojis

Now League of Legends Has icons they call emotes. Emotes in MMO are character animations. Think some of them are pretty cool like Beehappy and Bee angry But most of them look pretty standard and the coolest ones have to be earned or part of same package for complete list would have to google LoL emotes store just has ones you can buy. Wanted to point out that Some Icons have their own sound and animations do not know if Ashes of Creation wants to take Icons to that level.

But here are some Ideas for Icons. Think standardized icons for oom and low health and interupt and got it would be cool.

Flame Icon Now this icon could be given to healers to put an icon over a toons head when they are standing in the fire Why should healer heal player and waste mana if they could just move out fo the fire. Really healer should not heal toon unless they start moving out of the fire. No point in healing if they are just going to sit there.

Green Potion Icon. Now this is a icon that could also be given to healers to denote toon should take healing potion or other healing ability like first aid maybe healer is not cool with healing toons that stand in the fire cause if they do then they geet used to it and say Things like Well what are healers for? Plus Mana might be an issue.Realy healers usually heal the entire party to full health after fights but toons could use own potions for food or drink or first aid not so taxing on healer. Personally I would just put down a feast after every fight while dungeouns but that can be pricey to people that do have large piles of gold. So and Eat up Icon could also be in order.

Roflstomp Icon mainly for pvp but could be used in pvp when toons kill boss really fast

Well Played Icon . used to recognize good plays. But also be a GGWP good game Well played. but since it just an abreivation meaning pretty much has the same meaning as Well Played.

Standard emojis would also be really cool like the one on this forums :)<3:'(:oo:);) and so on.

Comments

• RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited March 2020
    This is one way to communicate information, but the style is a bit too arcade-y for my taste.

I prefer information be communicated via the on-screen action as much as possible for an MMO, and via minimal UI otherwise (e.g. looking at boss animations to predict attacks rather than telegraphs on the ground).

The cases above, like OOM and low health, are already communicated via the basic UI, but when it comes to large raids and PvP, I could see a stronger case for using markers/icons to keep track of things.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited March 2020
    This is already a thing that Ashes will have. Tier 1 was in the first option and anyone with over a $100 KS/Summer has access to all 3. Will there be others earned in game and sold on the store? You betcha. Mad money for emotes and dances.
    emoji.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is already a thing that Ashes will have. Tier 1 was in the first option and anyone with over a $100 KS/Summer has access to all 3. Will there be others earned in game and sold on the store? You betcha. Mad money for emotes and dances.
    emoji.png

I sware I forget about half the stuff on Kickstarter
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    emoji.png

I sware I forget about half the stuff on Kickstarter

Same, it's been a while since the good ol' KS days.
  • xlangatangxxlangatangx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You can already earn emotes through the BG - I believe there are around 10 emotes that can be earned by leveling up in APOC. I personally enjoy the salute.
  • Well thanks for cool info Unknown system error.