Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dark Allegiances

2»

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Forsnaken wrote: »
    New to the community so i'm not sure how you normally operate but i see an announcement that the sale of this package is being extended. I assume it is to cut back on some of the extra work these new packages cause. Would you consider re-releasing some of the older packages during this time or does that come with it's own set of headaches?

that would cause a huge fan backlash
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Forsnaken wrote: »
    New to the community so i'm not sure how you normally operate but i see an announcement that the sale of this package is being extended. I assume it is to cut back on some of the extra work these new packages cause. Would you consider re-releasing some of the older packages during this time or does that come with it's own set of headaches?

As Nagash pointed out, that would cause huge backlash for Intrepid in that the monthly cosmetic sales have been stated from the beginning to be "one and done" for those that collect and rarity. If everyone knew that they could just wait until just before release or after to purchase the cosmetics they liked or packages, there would never have been the support from those sales to help with development.

While coming in fresh and new it would be easy to assume that the reason this particular set was extended was to save themselves work, actually the opposite is true. It was a decision made by Steven (head of Intrepid Studios) right after the livestream during a Discord q&a. His thinking expressed at that time is that until the impact of covid-19 on people's jobs and finances is more fully known that it would be an added stress for community members to have to worry about buying something they really liked in the next couple months if the rate of turnover was the same versus paying for things like rent and food. Here is a transcript from that session.
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/44155/post-live-stream-full-discord-q-a-write-up-included-march-27-2020#latest
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    Just found out about this game a couple days ago and im impressed so far. I also purchased the $375 pack so pls dont let us down
  • Options
    @MargaretKrohn New to ashes, will this set (or others seen in the past) be available in the future or did I miss out forever? Waiting to spend that $375 shop value until I see a set worthwhile now that I know they change. Thanks!
  • Options
    @MargaretKrohn New to ashes, will this set (or others seen in the past) be available in the future or did I miss out forever? Waiting to spend that $375 shop value until I see a set worthwhile now that I know they change. Thanks!

None of the sets are able to buy after they changed
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Wow I love this.
  • Options
    nippletittynippletitty Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    damn 4 days late :|
  • Options
    Yeah I just found this too and its no longer available??
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Posted March 4th. :|
  • Options
    LuwLuw Member
    Hey there also new to this game, been following this game nearly a year now and got a Account a few days ago only to see that i missed the "Dark Allegiances" set which i would have totally bought for 375. Just wanted to ask if there is really no other way to get this ? maybe "extend them till 1 month to release" so we can see which set matches us personally the most ? Like i would buy the Dark Allegiance set but would also buy a "Templar Deus Vault" set you see my struggle? :cold_sweat: please Staff give me a hint <3 love to see more of you guys and the game
  • Options
    Luw wrote: »
    Hey there also new to this game, been following this game nearly a year now and got a Account a few days ago only to see that i missed the "Dark Allegiances" set which i would have totally bought for 375. Just wanted to ask if there is really no other way to get this ? maybe "extend them till 1 month to release" so we can see which set matches us personally the most ? Like i would buy the Dark Allegiance set but would also buy a "Templar Deus Vault" set you see my struggle? :cold_sweat: please Staff give me a hint <3 love to see more of you guys and the game

No.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    OMG I just found out about this game and wanted this pack so badly!!!!!! Ughhh I just missed the mark by 7 days, wow. Halloween/horror is my main theme. You guys should bring the packs back due to covid so that the people who couldn't buy it during the time could buy it at a later date! Please devs please!!! I want to drop 250 on it right now!
  • Options
    KalidanKalidan Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think this has been the best outfit from the PO packs.
    sigtestfinkalidan-01-01-01-01.png
  • Options
    Loopy72788 wrote: »
    OMG I just found out about this game and wanted this pack so badly!!!!!! Ughhh I just missed the mark by 7 days, wow. Halloween/horror is my main theme. You guys should bring the packs back due to covid so that the people who couldn't buy it during the time could buy it at a later date! Please devs please!!! I want to drop 250 on it right now!

They already extended it for two months due to covid
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    MomongaMomonga Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Damn noticed this a little to late.
  • Options
    E roninE ronin Member, Alpha One
    Would have been awesome if they extended it to the folks who signed up for pre pack in month of July. :(
  • Options
    JonTheFishermanJonTheFisherman Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    After learning about this game a couple weeks ago iv been a major fan, this is definitely the best cosmetic iv seen so far. i really hope it comes back.
  • Options
    After learning about this game a couple weeks ago iv been a major fan, this is definitely the best cosmetic iv seen so far. i really hope it comes back.

Yup. Everyone just missed it.
  • Options
    This is amazing... I wish I had been here to buy this. I hope that there will be something similar at some point I can get.
  • Options
    AdhonisAdhonis Member
    edited February 2021
    Damn! I love this. Just found out about these monthly exclusive packs last week, really unfortunate that there is currently no way to acquire these. It's a bit off-putting to think other players will have these cosmetics simply because they were aware that these monthly packs exist.. meanwhile, some of us (who are willing to pay) won't be lucky enough to own these because we only just discovered them and it's "too late". I'm all for exclusivity and creating rarity but it sure does suck when you miss out simply for being unaware.

I propose something like this for those who are late to the party such as myself - If you purchase the Voyager Plus Pack ($375) you will be given the opportunity to purchase any two cosmetic packs of your choosing from previous months. Have the offer available for 30 days and give a 30 day notice prior to the event that this will be a thing. Backlash would be ridiculous, it's simply a way to help out those who are also eager to collect these cosmetics but are just learning of the opportunity. We might be here a few days/weeks/months late to the offer, but we're still here years before the full release of the game, ready to pay and show support.

On a side note, @MargaretKrohn - Awesome job on these. Did you also create The Unseen Shade cosmetics? Seems to be a similar style. I really dig both and would love to see more of the dark theme!
  • Options
    Both statements can be true.

1) The monthly exclusive packs are designed to reward early players' loyalty because these players are funding the game. So they can be assured they have access to very limited skins.

2) Alpha invites are attached to the top tier skin purchases. One can say some supporters are being forced to buy skins they do not like or will not be mostly used because it happens to fall on a particular month. These players also are funding the game in a maximum way by buying the highest tier.