Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is there a Bounty Hunter Guild Out There?

skafftarussskafftaruss Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
I respect Mutiny and Monkey Madness. Why? They are honest kick butt anarchy PVP guilds. That being said, are there any Bounty Hunter PVPers out there? Why - because I might need their protection as a small seafaring and navigators guild. PVPers farming MMO group centric players is going to be a challenge. Hopefully the developers will put a big enough bounty on PVP farmers to attract the attention of other more uber PVPers?

There's always the folks that want to 'game' the system by kill stealing a master gatherer (let's say), then put the booty in the bank, run to their allied friends and say 'kill me' so you get the reward. That is another matter.

I'd like to see a real kick arse Bounty Hunter Guild that is above all PVPers. That would be sweet. Post away, my PVP fanatics. Gracias.

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    you lost me at "I respect Mutiny and Monkey Madness."
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Not sure how i am going to like the system they have in place for PK'ing others. I can't say Bounty Hunters in general will be needed. I would suggest being more interested with the larger more influential guilds that show promise and get on their good side. That way if anyone picks on you the bigger guild with the PvPers can go take their node(s).
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Considering bounty hunting is a reactive thing, i'd be surprised if a guild would try to build themselves around it.

I'd be skeptical of any guild that tries to make that claim atm.

I'm sure there will be plenty of players who engage in bounty hunting but from what we know, there isn't a good reason to build your whole organization around that.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Considering bounty hunting is a reactive thing, i'd be surprised if a guild would try to build themselves around it.

I'm sure there will be plenty of players who engage in bounty hunting but from what we know, there isn't a good reason to build your whole organization around that.
    I could maybe see this happening under certain conditions. Let’s say you have a group of players who mostly play solo and aren’t interested in guild gameplay, but they do enjoy bounty hunting. I could see them forming a guild for the sole purpose of being able to communicate and coordinate with online members when a bounty becomes available. Of course, you don’t need a guild to do that, but if they otherwise wouldn’t need a guild they might just take advantage of the guild system.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »

I could maybe see this happening under certain conditions. Let’s say you have a group of players who mostly play solo and aren’t interested in guild gameplay, but they do enjoy bounty hunting. I could see them forming a guild for the sole purpose of being able to communicate and coordinate with online members when a bounty becomes available. Of course, you don’t need a guild to do that, but if they otherwise wouldn’t need a guild they might just take advantage of the guild system.

Yea, i could see that happen.

My point was more that i don't think anyone would be doing that right now and I wouldn't take anyone who claims to be doing this too seriously as there is so much unknown about how these systems will play out. It's one of those ideas people get really excited for but the excited dies quick and nothing comes of it.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »

Yea, i could see that happen.

My point was more that i don't think anyone would be doing that right now and I wouldn't take anyone who claims to be doing this too seriously as there is so much unknown about how these systems will play out. It's one of those ideas people get really excited for but the excited dies quick and nothing comes of it.
    I think most guilds get excited then fizzle out while this game is in development. I was in one. It’s hard to maintain enthusiasm when there’s nothing for you to do, or if you don’t know if anything you’re planning can even happen in the real game after launch.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    HexcatHexcat Member
    edited March 2020
    I'm planning on making a Bounty Hunters Guild, but the idea is to concentrate our efforts into gather PvP equipment and be a countermeasure to PKers like the people of Monkey Madness...
    giphy.gif