Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

My.com (lack of website updates, media presence, etc)

Yesterdays stream was really amazing let me say this first.

Sadly the EU twitter page did not share this upcoming stream which let's be a honest was a big milestone for the game. Actually they have not been active since October 2019 .
As you (Intrepid Studios) have chosen to collaborate with them it is also your responsibility to evaluate them.

In the last few months we have seen on the main twitter page for example posts of fan art, new bundles, general news, streams, etc. All things that engage your fans, on the EU front there is nothing.
Their website has not been updated in ages (just the bundle skins) but no news or anything.

While it is true that the majority of your fans follow the website closely (this one) and your main social media, it is off putting for people that might be new to gaming/mmo's and are looking for some EU news on the game.

You have chosen to work with them, put them to work as well then. Let them update their website with news, be active on social media to increase the interest and also put on your own website (front page) where EU players should go to :smiley:

Ps: proof to us we are wrong about my.com :wink:

Comments

• JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    My.games isn't going to put a lot of effort behind a game in development. They are a publisher. They will work when there is something to publish.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • halbarzhalbarz Member
    edited March 2020
    Part of publishing a game is also to market it and the marketing comes from the moment a game is in development especially a game that is based on a kickstarter. Marketing for a game like this ,starts from the second it's in development not the day it launches and having coverage (visibility to the maximum amount of potential and current fans/customers) is key here.

Since they are the publisher for the EU we should expect a similar updated website and social media. In the end this what Intrepid has chosen for ... to split the publishing based on region between themselves and a 3th party.

I know they have nothing to do with the development (thank god for that) I do hope Intrepid cares about their fans outside the US to make sure we will receive the same service as the US. (meaning next to the game: Updated info, service updates, good marketing, etc.) Intrepid could easily raise this with them as a concern.

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I mean... the main ashesofcreation.com website is still advertising Apocalypse even though it is long dead and the servers are down.
    a6XEiIf.gif