Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[SUGGESTION] Giving more significance to Inns/Taverns.

2»

Comments

• Options
    [quote quote=6425]Places in the world with purely social implications you say? Perhaps even run by players by you say? I wonder where I’ve head that before, hmmm…

[/quote]Is this a trick question?
  • Options
    I wouldnt mind that idea. I known some people who ran taverns in UO for Role-playing. I wouldnt do anything around Role-playing personally but wouldnt mind that stuff going on in here. It makes for a better community. As long as giving an in more significance is not forcing players to sit around them just because I am good with it.

I also think of SWG with the hospital where players were able to heal their stat damage. Yea it was not fun if a doctor was not there to fix you up and you sat their for 2 hours. /raises hand.
  • Options
    [quote quote=6428]It was already discussion about it somewhere. If player run taverns there is dozen of questions example which player can run tavern? Guy in clan who occupied node (make powefull guys more powerfull) or who offer highest bid (make rich ppl richer) or random where ppl will ask what happens if guy who was chosen to run tavern dont run it at all or abuse it?

[/quote]

Everyone can do it. I think we still don't understand eachother. I want an option to make my land into whatever I want and Intrepid said that you will be able to do that to the certain degree. I only suggested one of the possibilities. But if "player based economy" will be in the game, it will be simple matter of balancing Gains and Loses. Nobody will open 15th tawern in town if they can make 2x the money processing and selling Iron Ore. And it will always be easier to make money for wealthy guys, there are "whales" in every MMO - it's just some people (like for example me) invest signigicantly more time and effort into economical and social aspect of MMOs than others. Take any game mechanic and there are better singleplayer games based on it out there, but MMO is all about interactions with other players. I just merely implied that player run Taverns should be a thing especially in fantasy world where taverns should be social hubs, not stiff NPC hideouts.

[quote quote=6440]I wouldnt mind that idea. I known some people who ran taverns in UO for Role-playing. I wouldnt do anything around Role-playing personally but wouldnt mind that stuff going on in here. It makes for a better community. As long as giving an in more significance is not forcing players to sit around them just because I am good with it.

I also think of SWG with the hospital where players were able to heal their stat damage. Yea it was not fun if a doctor was not there to fix you up and you sat their for 2 hours. /raises hand.

[/quote]

well in my original post it's equally about role playing and making buisness out of it. But I don't want benefits of visiting Taverns to be almost mandatory in normal game progression. Only minor buffs that make your life just a little bit easier, AND player (owner) consumables/utilities shop inside. It's your place so YOU decide goods sold inside and their prices.