Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Immersion To Go!

So mobile games, i know... its a tricky and very rarely done right thing! So let me explain before i get to the point :) I love being a part of a fandom universe, and usually i am all in with one for a long time and its usually games, i get invested and passionate about my games and the whole universe of them, but of course real life also exists and its the most important, unfortunately xD So as of right now the best mobile games for me surrounding MMO/RPG games are card games, if i am on the road or away from home its nice to still have a means of playing and immersing myself within my virtual universe for that needed fix :)

I don't know what kind of mobile game could be done with AoC and if something different than a card game would be better, but if you guys could see a mobile game for AoC(after the AoC has been FULLY released if it eases your mind to think about it) what would it be? :)
RAZOR
Lineage 2 Veteran

Comments

• Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A mobile game based on the Ashes universe? You could do something like teamfight tactics from LOL or raid shadow legends (without all the microtransaction p2w bullshit) but it would be very niche.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    A mobile game based on the Ashes universe? You could do something like teamfight tactics from LOL or raid shadow legends (without all the microtransaction p2w bullshit) but it would be very niche.
    Right, it would be a tin line from it being niche and actually good and fitting, so it would have to be done right! It would be amazing if they came with something more original or creative but you can also do teamfight tactics or a card game but do it differently and think outside of the box. I don't know if an RPG game like Raid Shadow Legends would be fitting to go next to their main game already being a large PC RPG game, at least its not for me, but i also really can't get into RPG phone games :)
    RAZOR
    Lineage 2 Veteran
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited April 2020
    What I'd personally really like to see when they eventually do scale down the MMO team (post launch some time) is a mobile based adventure game set in Verra to explore some more of the games lore. They could perhaps even set such a game as the original corruption came to Verra, with the evacuation as the main backdrop to the story.

Two of the games I remember most from 1995 were Full Throttle and Phantasmagoria, though Myst from a few years earlier is probably the game most people associate with them in the '90's (and perhaps the game most people associate with the genre as a whole).

Adventure games aren't exactly a super engrossing genre in terms of gameplay. They have no combat, no stats, and anything you come across can be overcome simply by looking at a wiki. Due to this, the genre seems to have mostly died.

However, with all the drawbacks the genre has, it is still a solid medium for telling a story, and are also really good for hiding additional - and non-essential - details to reward observant players. I've not seen a single proper adventure game on mobile (though I've not looked), even though this is a platform that is well suited to it as it is inherently casual, can be picked up and put down at any time without issue, and could make use of the fact that most phones have better screens than most gaming computers (an odd fact).

These games are also fairly cheap to make, as most of the art involves static pictures. You could have a good adventure game with absolutely no animation - though there is no reason this has to be the case.

This type of game wouldn't be something that would bring new players in to the Ashes IP, but it could be a fantastic way of expanding that IP for the people that are already here.
  • Options
    noaani wrote: »
    What I'd personally really like to see when they eventually do scale down the MMO team (post launch some time) is a mobile based adventure game set in Verra to explore some more of the games lore. They could perhaps even set such a game as the original corruption came to Verra, with the evacuation as the main backdrop to the story.

Two of the games I remember most from 1995 were Full Throttle and Phantasmagoria, though Myst from a few years earlier is probably the game most people associate with them in the '90's (and perhaps the game most people associate with the genre as a whole).

Adventure games aren't exactly a super engrossing genre in terms of gameplay. They have no combat, no stats, and anything you come across can be overcome simply by looking at a wiki. Due to this, the genre seems to have mostly died.

However, with all the drawbacks the genre has, it is still a solid medium for telling a story, and are also really good for hiding additional - and non-essential - details to reward observant players. I've not seen a single proper adventure game on mobile (though I've not looked), even though this is a platform that is well suited to it as it is inherently casual, can be picked up and put down at any time without issue, and could make use of the fact that most phones have better screens than most gaming computers (an odd fact).

These games are also fairly cheap to make, as most of the art involves static pictures. You could have a good adventure game with absolutely no animation - though there is no reason this has to be the case.

This type of game wouldn't be something that would bring new players in to the Ashes IP, but it could be a fantastic way of expanding that IP for the people that are already here.

I really hope they will do something great for the mobile platforms :D I want this universe to be big in terms on branching out :) Off-topic but i also want some great fandom merch! :D
    RAZOR
    Lineage 2 Veteran
  • Options
    Oh i just saw this on their website... hmmmm i wonderrrr :Dssd1_zpsh15efvwr.png
    RAZOR
    Lineage 2 Veteran
  • Options

I just recently tried Raid Shadow Legends, i thought it was more of a RPG game where you run around and stuff as i had it described wrong. But actually its pretty decent concept and i think a game of similar concept would complement the MMORPG game well :)
    RAZOR
    Lineage 2 Veteran
  • Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited April 2020
    You could take a vertical slice from the MMO and make a mobile game out of it- Tavern simulator -
    - World Tamer (run around catching animals...gotta catch em all), Fleet Commander (simplified naval RTS), Smithy (tap to forge weapons and armour)...the other question is whether mobile games would work with their marketing strategy to grow the lore into a franchise..
  • Options
    LalliLalli Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Options
    Razor 615Razor 615 Member
    edited April 2020
    Lalli wrote: »
    7sat05ra4zu41.jpg

:trollface:

To be fair that mobile Thor looks more like how id imagine real Thor would look like :smiley:
    RAZOR
    Lineage 2 Veteran
  • Options
    7sat05ra4zu41.jpg

:trollface:

What's the bet that mobile Hulk has a misplaced sock.
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What about a traditional tabletop rpg? I mean they already have tons if art for it and the lore just needs to be placed in.....its a no brainer.
  • Options
    Balrog21 wrote: »
    What about a traditional tabletop rpg? I mean they already have tons if art for it and the lore just needs to be placed in.....its a no brainer.

That's probably one of the games referenced below. At least my guess anyways.
    Razorath wrote: »
    Oh i just saw this on their website... hmmmm i wonderrrr :Dssd1_zpsh15efvwr.png

• Options
    Yeah, with how much of a fan Steven is of tabletop RPG's, I'd be surprised if he doesn't already have one in development.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yeah, with how much of a fan Steven is of tabletop RPG's, I'd be surprised if he doesn't already have one in development.

I just hope its not a pathfinders game with a ashes of creation skin.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

That would be my guess lol
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Balrog21 wrote: »

Where do you think this game came from? He has said that he started this project based on a tabletop RPG he developed the lore for. He even gave us a picture of his map.
    All he would have to do is print his material.
  • Options
    All he would have to do is print his material.
    I would imagine there would be a bit more to it than that.

First of all, no doubt the material would need some polish before being published.

Second, there have been changes made to the world map between the one he originally made, and the one that we were shown for the game. No doubt there would be other changes in there as well. In order to keep the lore of the world consistent between media, they would need to run a pass over basically everything in the RPG he had to make sure it still fits in.

I mean, a good amount of work is already done for it, but if they opt to publish this themselves, there would still be a lot of work left to go - and much of it won't be able to be undertaken until the MMO is in late alpha - as there is still a good chance of changes to the games lore up until that point.
  • Options

That would be my guess lol

I know Steven loves pathfinder but I hope for a new games system
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Hmmmm, I've published my own rpg...maybe I should give Steven a call.....
  • Options
    If anyone would like a free download link to my rpg just message me and I will send you a free pdf of the game. Just a side note, LOTS of eye candy in the books.
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2020
    Rolemaster would be a good choice. Your character can decide to learn any skill!
    Or original Warhammer Roleplay. With the stats, skills, and developing your character through the careers. Empire in Flames!
  • Options
    Rolemaster would be a good choice. Your character can decide to learn any skill!
    Or original Warhammer Roleplay. With the stats, skills, and developing your character through the careers. Empire in Flames!

there are so many game systems its just a shame so many go for the D&D or PF route
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

there are so many game systems its just a shame so many go for the D&D or PF route

The thing is that models like Midgard for example are overly complicated at times, while D&D is very beginner friendly.
    (Midgard is the oldest german P&P, and has an extensive experience and hp system which makes it a bit tedious)
    a6XEiIf.gif