Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

A little sugestion about XSOLLA, individual cosmetics and a win-win scenario for IS and us

I don't think Im the only one that leave the chance to buy some of the cosmetics due to only wanted one or two of the skins and didn't want to buy the whole package knowing that i will use only the mount and the pet or something like that, so i was thinking, why not IS make a special ONE OF A TIME exception when they get rid of XSOLLA or maybe near the official launch of the game when everyone of us can have access to buy any individual skin we want?
I think its a win win situation where IS get a bunch of money for the start of the game and we get to have all the sking we wanted but didn't have the chance to get, what do you guys think?
giphy.gif

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited April 2020
    You are able to purchase each cosmetic individually.

All cosmetics they have put up for sale have been under the idea that they are limited time only. If you don't buy them while they are up for sale, you miss out.

I'd like to see some previous items put up for sale again (lifetime subscription as an example), but if it was sold under the notion that it as a limited time offer, it should not be put back up for sale for any reason.

Intrepid sticking to their word is more important than making $20.
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Chezshire wrote: »
    I don't think Im the only one that leave the chance to buy some of the cosmetics due to only wanted one or two of the skins and didn't want to buy the whole package knowing that i will use only the mount and the pet or something like that, so i was thinking, why not IS make a special ONE OF A TIME exception when they get rid of XSOLLA or maybe near the official launch of the game when everyone of us can have access to buy any individual skin we want?
    I think its a win win situation where IS get a bunch of money for the start of the game and we get to have all the sking we wanted but didn't have the chance to get, what do you guys think?

First, this will never happen. This would be Steven pissing away 100% of his integrity and possibly opening Intrepid up to a massive lawsuit for false advertising of the exclusive nature of the cosmetics.

Second, once you own a pack you can buy any Individual cosmetic you want.

Finally, there are similar but not identical versions of many of the skins that you will be able to earn in game.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • DrEpochDrEpoch Member, Phoenix Initiative
    Back in 2019.
    Me: @Steven 😇 Re add all cosmetics to shop from the past. Limit purchase to 1

Steven: Sales would 100% go up. Buuut I sort of like the rarity of these cosmetics DUE largely to the fact that people who have purchased them did so on concepts/faith. Eventually we will introduce cosmetics with in game representations though. It’s just a process.

I believe if Steven was scummy enough he would introduce a one time, "Buy whatever you want" event. However, everything so far has shown that, while they might like our money, they're in no need of the money. Maybe this has to do with the unfathomable amount of backlash they'd receive, as Jahlon stated.

Personally, if I'm told something is time exclusive, and they resold it, I'd be mad. Funny thing is, all of these Cosmetics will have a variation in-game and some even achievable.
  • DrEpochDrEpoch Member, Phoenix Initiative
    Not to mention. Whatever EU is going to do.