Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Considering Lifetime Sub....is it worth it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    OrcLuck wrote: »
    I don't know. I want the game to do well, and I think they're listening.

If I asked would I have wanted a life time sub on World of Warcraft for 500 I think my answer would be... I'd be willing to pay 1000, its kind of like....who knows, what the game will mean to you.

To me, its a game that fills a need, in a down trodden genre. I think having a life time sub to a game I helped contribute to the launch of, and had an impact in the design of, means more to me then if I bought one for another game.

That being said, I bought this tier exclusively for the life time sub and everything else is more chips n dip.

that's the best way to think about it really
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2020
    I also backed at the Brave of worlds pledge for the lifetime sub. Can't go wrong to play for free :) However for some reason I do not have my tag?
  • Options
    RepkarRepkar Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Considering I've played wow for 10 years, yep worth to me. I just kept putting a little away until I could afford a lifetime to this amazing game :D
  • Options
    GloryGlory Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I bought the lifetime sub pack and don't regret it.

Needless to say, the game isn't out yet. So it's still a gamble. Just be aware any investment you make at this point is for the sake of the game's success. We just hope we benefit from it's success.
  • Options
    SterigoSterigo Member
    Is it still possible to buy the lifetime sub?
  • Options
    Sterigo wrote: »

sadly no, it was only available for people who back the game on Kickstarter/summer backers
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    GloryGlory Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

sadly no, it was only available for people who back the game on Kickstarter/summer backers

I was under the impression that people who choose lesser packages could still upgrade. Is that not an option anymore?
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2020
    That is indeed an option. As long as you already have a Kickstarter pledge, you can still upgrade.
    You cannot 'buy' it, you can only upgrade.
  • Options
    glory wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

I was under the impression that people who choose lesser packages could still upgrade. Is that not an option anymore?

That is right anyone who bought a pack from Kickstarter or the summer backer can still upgrade
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    FlashmanFlashman Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited May 2020
    Anyone have any thoughts?

@Masscarnage I think it's very simple.

Given you don't know how the game will turn out and/or whether you will like it, you can only go by what you already know about yourself. If you look back on the past decade and you played 17 different MMOs; some only for a week or two, and some for 6 months, do you seem like a likely candidate to still be playing AoC, sight unseen, after a couple of years? Maybe not! Conversely, if the past decade saw you play a handful of MMOs and you did 1-3 years in each of them, then you MIGHT be someone who will play AoC for years. It's still an unknown, but at least you know that once you learn a game you stick with it, so there's a chance the lifetime sub will be worth it.

To use myself as a different kind of example, when LotRO launched, there was a lifetime sub. I didn't get it. About 6 months in, I was kicking myself. I had guild members who got it, and they were so smug about it. By 12 months, however, I was still playing LotRO but not hugely interested in it anymore, and I wasn't as fussed that they had the lifetime sub. By 1.5 years I'd lost all interest in LotRO and felt good that I could take my money elsewhere. My pals with the lifetime subs felt a bit trapped. They could stop playing, yes, but felt like they hadn't got their money's worth... and actually kept playing, even though they weren't enjoying themselves. Just food for thought!