Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Preorder pack question

Hi I'm interested in getting a preorder pack but was curious if the armor cosmetics for this month will be usable by all armor types. Is it a costume that covers your gear, individual pieces that go on a certain armor type (assuming heavy/plate by looks), or something else? Thanks

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2020
    They are pretty good about putting the description on the cosmetic now after confusion early days.
    Face of Sorrow (Costume Cosmetic Skin)
    Means it'll be a full appearance on the paperdoll. What you equip on your character has no bearing as to your costume cosmetic look. So that colonist in cloth pajamas carrying his basket might actually be a max level tank in top-tier plate, and you won't know till you run up and hit them and have an "oh shit" moment. There are other individual piece cosmetic skins and themes planned, but the ones in the monthly packages are usually full paperdoll.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Hi I'm interested in getting a preorder pack but was curious if the armor cosmetics for this month will be usable by all armor types. Is it a costume that covers your gear, individual pieces that go on a certain armor type (assuming heavy/plate by looks), or something else? Thanks

As Unknown said, this isn't a situation where you are glamoring your in game items with the cash shop cosmetics. The full body cosmetics are just that full body.

The individual pieces go into the paperdoll individual slots. Hopefully they have this set up in Alpha so people can see it.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Hi there - as others in this thread have mentioned, the costume cosmetic items are meant to cover your entire outfit, whereas the accessory cosmetic items will only replace/cover the corresponding item!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything further we can assist you with on this topic!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.