Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Children

Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I'm guessing there will be children present in the world as well? I haven't seen any pics of any or concept art.
The main reason I ask is because me and my eight year old were watching some of the youtube vids about the game and he asked the question, so I'm asking it here. "Dad, there's no kids my age. Where are they?"

Comments

• We make em! 😂
    Forgive and you will free yourself. Peace be with you all.
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    There may not be.

Remember, we are returning to Verra after thousands of years of the planet being overwhelmed by corruption.

Not sure if sending children through from Sanctus would be on the list to do right away.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Balrog21 wrote: »
    I'm guessing there will be children present in the world as well? I haven't seen any pics of any or concept art.
    The main reason I ask is because me and my eight year old were watching some of the youtube vids about the game and he asked the question, so I'm asking it here. "Dad, there's no kids my age. Where are they?"

I dont believe you.
  • sarkadosarkado Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yeah, last thing we would want to do is siege a node and be attacking children.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Jahlon wrote: »
    There may not be.

Remember, we are returning to Verra after thousands of years of the planet being overwhelmed by corruption.

Not sure if sending children through from Sanctus would be on the list to do right away.

At the start that would be true, but once we get to metropolis stage surely we will have been in Verra long enough to have started procreating again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2023
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • FlashmanFlashman Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Real world answer: children in video games raise problematic issues on some levels.

In-game answer: probably not a safe world to be sending children to, yet.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    blur wrote: »
    Real world answer: children in video games raise problematic issues on some levels.

In-game answer: probably not a safe world to be sending children to, yet.

This is basically my thoughts as well, and the problems are compounded in a game where destroying cities is a core mechanic.

The fact that we all went through a portal to get to Verra is a very happy coincidence in this regard, it gives an in game reason as to why there are no children.
  • paradaxparadax Member
    There may not be.

Im sure we sent the children through 1st to make sure it was safe
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    paradax wrote: »
    There may not be.

Im sure we sent the children through 1st to make sure it was safe
    See the glowing hole in the air Timmy? There’s CANDY on the other side!

Hhak63P.png
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    There are plenty of children in this community, just pick one and foster them.
  • Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Makinoji dovetailing off your comment....to see the meltdowns over the dps meters....can you imagine the meltdowns on how to build the nodes that are going to happen. Lolz
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Makinoji wrote: »

point me to them

9rbHJ1N.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    Nagash wrote: »

point me to them

9rbHJ1N.jpg
    Nagash, perching on a throne containing the bones of countless slain infants is not what people mean by “baby sitting”, just FYI.

Hhak63P.png
    edited May 2020
    Atama wrote: »

point me to them

9rbHJ1N.jpg
    Nagash, perching on a throne containing the bones of countless slain infants is not what people mean by “baby sitting”, just FYI.

Hey, I'm a great babysitter

vJW3szC.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter

point me to them

9rbHJ1N.jpg

vJW3szC.jpg

I imagine that your kingdom is filled with aborted/stillborn/miscarried children...it's a bit creepy to me. Idk if that counts as babysitting lol
    edited May 2020

point me to them

9rbHJ1N.jpg

vJW3szC.jpg

I imagine that your kingdom is filled with aborted/stillborn/miscarried children...it's a bit creepy to me. Idk if that counts as babysitting lol

Oh you have no idea in some of the Warhammer lore dead children are turned into beings called knighthuants that are chained to their mothers in death forever hunting the mother till she takes her own life and becomes a banshee for every seeking to add more children to her
    nJ0vUSm.gif

point me to them

9rbHJ1N.jpg

vJW3szC.jpg

Oh you have no idea in some of the Warhammer lore dead children are turned into beings called knighthuants that are chained to their mothers in death forever hunting the mother till she takes her own life and becomes a banshee for every seeking to add more children to her
    If nothing else it sounds like you have a pretty robust recycling program.

Hhak63P.png

point me to them

9rbHJ1N.jpg

vJW3szC.jpg

If nothing else it sounds like you have a pretty robust recycling program.

you know what the dead say

reduce, reuse, reanimate
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I dont think that people would send chilren into a newly available dangerous world at the first opportunity. xD
    Remember: Verra is newly inhabitable, and the players are the second wave of explorers. (The first were scouts that built the orriginal settlements around the gateways)
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »
    I dont think that people would send chilren into a newly available dangerous world at the first opportunity. xD
    Remember: Verra is newly inhabitable, and the players are the second wave of explorers. (The first were scouts that built the orriginal settlements around the gateways)

what about the tulnar children ^^

nJ0vUSm.gif

Damokles wrote: »

what about the tulnar children ^^
    I think that’s what these things are.

Flanggler_image1.png

:grimace:

Hhak63P.png