Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Intrepid Announcement

OceanosOceanos Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
Greetings, glorious adventurers!

I just wanted to share a feeling about Intrepid Studio's announcements : When they say they will give us juicy content or information about AoC in "Enter a Month", I feel that it would be way better if they would give us content at the beginning of the month and not at the very end.

For example : Not saying "We expect PI to test the Alpha 1 in May" if they think of the about the last week of May.
It would be way better for me if they say : "We expect PI to test it in June" and then, the first week of June, the access is available. You know what I mean ?

To summarize my feeling:
Alpha in June -> 1st June -> Hurray
Alpha in May --> 31 May at 23h59 --> disappointment
oceanus.gif

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    28v1v4.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I don't really need someone else to manage my expectations for me.

If you say you are going to do it in May, my expectation is that it will be the last week of May and if it is sooner, that's just a bonus.

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Oceanos wrote: »
    Greetings, glorious adventurers!

I just wanted to share a feeling about Intrepid Studio's announcements : When they say they will give us juicy content or information about AoC in "Enter a Month", I feel that it would be way better if they would give us content at the beginning of the month and not at the very end.

For example : Not saying "We expect PI to test the Alpha 1 in May" if they think of the about the last week of May.
    It would be way better for me if they say : "We expect PI to test it in June" and then, the first week of June, the access is available. You know what I mean ?

To summarize my feeling:
    The funny thing about feelings is, they are not always accurate.

If Intrepid say May, and the thing happens in the last few minutes of May, they were still right. You may *feel* that they weren't, but the calendar says otherwise.

The other thing to point out here is the use of the word "expect".

That means even if it doesn't happen in May, if they had that expectation at the time, then they were still correct. You may *feel* that they weren't, but the dictionary says otherwise.

• Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You know, I find it somewhat amusing that the OP said this exact same thing on the discord earlier today and was practically ignored because we were talking about @Fooshyy foxes in media being inferior to wolves so he tried his luck here instead.

It seems that you are the only person who actually cares about when in the month something happens. Yes it is always exciting to get new info from Intrepid but a lot of us have followed this game long enough to know that there is no point trying to rush the devs. The dates we are given are mere guidelines, not promises.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2020
    I'm kind of used to it by now. But yeah, it's kind of silly that they have an implied deadline ("by the end of the month") but they aren't willing to say that specifically. Instead they keep it vague and only mention the month, as if it's possible for them to finish things 2-3 weeks early (it's not).

I agree with their stance that missed deadlines are terrible PR, so they shouldn't give deadlines until they are certain they can meet it. But like... they still have deadlines (in the short-term), they're just obfuscating it a little.

I would sing a different tune if releases ever came out in the middle of the month, but almost all of their releases have been in the last week of the month, either within or leading up to their Development Update streams. So it's obvious by now that the end-of-month stream is the deadline. So why not just say that? "We're going to open Alpha 1 during/after our end-of-May stream." I'm 90% sure that's what's going to happen anyways.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    With everything going on I didn't even realize it was already May. Huh. Time is neat.
  • Options
    Jeez, why are you people being so harsh on the guy? Do we not need specifics? Also, if they could deliver earlier than Jahlon's expectation more often, then that tells me that they're good at managing their time.
    Forgive and you will free yourself. Peace be with you all.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Jeez, why are you people being so harsh on the guy? Do we not need specifics? Also, if they could deliver earlier than Jahlon's expectation more often, then that tells me that they're good at managing their time.

Not sure whats harsh about what we said but our point stands. It is up to intrepid when we get informed and if they feel that should be at the end of every month so be it, I would rather that then no information at all.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    Oceanos wrote: »

I think most people would just rather have things sooner than care about the exact date.
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    May 1, may 31 really doesnt matter to me. I'm not scheduled to play until the fall anyway :( what does bother me and something I hope Intrepid doesnt do is when you say Alpha in may and then comes may 28th........Alpha has been delayed until December. Delays happen I get it but if theres a delay let us know asap instead of waiting to the last minute. This is exactly what just happened with New World and it's very frustrating.