Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guild dyes and guild engravings?

MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Would it be possible to allow crafters of a certain skill to engrave guild symbols on weapons/armors or maybe even specific guild dyes and designs?

This would have two cool benefits:
1. Guilds would be able to match their characters to a unique look characteristic for a specific guild
2. Crafters (or even crafting guilds) would be able to truly visualize their mark on a specific armor/weapon which I think would be really cool.

It does not have to be super detailed but I think it could make a really cool feature if it is technicly possible!

Comments

• Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I vaguely remember them saying that a crafter puts their mark on the product, but not sure about a guild one. What happens if the crafter changes guilds?
  • Options
    MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I vaguely remember them saying that a crafter puts their mark on the product, but not sure about a guild one. What happens if the crafter changes guilds?

I guess the relevant guild he was under when he made the item stays. I feel like a guild mark would compliment the personal mark. It creates a sense of community for crafter guilds etc, makes it larger than just a single name
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    My assumption with the crafters name is that it will appear on the items tool-tip/examine window, rather than on the in game rendering of the item.

As for guild stuff, there is discussion of making guild emblems of different types a reward for a guild that is a patron guild of a node (the guild that has contributed the most experience to the node).

I wouldn't think it would be a good idea to tie any type of guild identity (emblems, dye etc) to an item specifically. I think it is better to keep it in the hands of the guild.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Guild emblems

Guild banner concept art.[35]
    The user interface will allow emblems, logos and symbols to be designed in-game.[64][65][66]

Guild emblems.[65]
    Flags.[64]
    Guild halls.[67]
    Mount barding.[67]
    Sails.[64]
    Shields.[64]
    Cloaks.[64]
    Armor attachments.[67]
    The developers are now considering including image import functionality.[68] This was previously not under consideration.[64]

I know previously we had spoken about not allowing custom user images in the game, however I think we're leaning more now in the direction of allowing for custom user images. Absolutely well what it will be is the fact that we're a subscription game and if you want to jeopardize your account by doing the wrong thing with regards to custom users [images] then by all means you may do so and we'll have stringent practices in place to prevent that from actually being an issue.[68] – Steven Sharif

Emblem editor functionality is tentatively planned for Alpha-2.[66]
    Crowdfunding guild rewards
    Guild themed character cloaks were cosmetic rewards for backing at the Leader of Men level or higher in the Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding campaigns.[69]

Kickstarter/Summer crowdfunding guild rewards[30] are assigned to a guild by the owner of the reward.[70]

Once assigned, the reward becomes an asset of that guild.
    Guild members that leave the guild no longer have access to the unique items of that guild.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Patron guilds unlock the following benefits for their members.

Emblems can be applied to guild armor that can be purchased from the node.