End of World Border/flight height

TheBlackLambTheBlackLamb Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
End of map Border: Would there be a wall of some kind? Visible or transparent? Or would there be a pillars of a runes of some kind that would some how kill you if you leave to far? I'm just interested on how you plan on doing the end of the map borders, It would be cool to have a literal end of the world like a giant water fall that would kill you, if you fall or travel down too far with a flying mount. @AshesofCreation

For flying: it would be cool to fly pretty high up to where the people on the ground can barely see you as a small bug in the sky, giving the ability to swoop in secretly and surprise people. (but maybe this could be overpowered or could be a dream that wont happen)
F6lQFCc.png

Comments

• JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    There are a couple of different ways the end of the world may go.

It may be just a static you can't cross, or the world may be a global.

It all depends on how they end up going with the final map.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • TheBlackLambTheBlackLamb Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    And that is what I want to get out there and push ideas, because I personally don't like the idea of a wall that you cant see and just run right into it, a globe would be cool but like one of my friends mentioned to me, how would they justify adding new continents for any expansions, and a invisible wall or visible would kinda ruin the immersion wouldn't you think? @Jahlon

F6lQFCc.png
    @Jahlon soo im new to doing forums, how do you do that banner thing you have under your post?
    F6lQFCc.png
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    And that is what I want to get out there and push ideas, because I personally don't like the idea of a wall that you cant see and just run right into it, a globe would be cool but like one of my friends mentioned to me, how would they justify adding new continents for any expansions, and a invisible wall or visible would kinda ruin the immersion wouldn't you think? @Jahlon

I think that we need to remember its a video game and the result needs to be worth the effort and energy.

I don't want them wasting a lot of time worrying about the "edge of the world" instead focus on the things that matter and people can accept at the end of the day that its a game and some things are akin to the GMs pencil.

"Why can't I go past this point?" cause the DM/GM said so
    @Jahlon soo im new to doing forums, how do you do that banner thing you have under your post?

Its an image done in a photo editor and then loaded to imgur and linked via the vanilla forum code.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
    @Jahlon good point, its a game, but if they got free time after its released it be cool :smile:
    Thanks for the info ima be testing it.
    F6lQFCc.png
    a
    F6lQFCc.png
    edited July 2020
    @Jahlon Thanks for being my first comment ever, big fan of your btw

F6lQFCc.png

F6lQFCc.png
  • I think it should transition from Verra to the Astral Realm. As you reach the edge the material world of Verra begins to fade in to shadows; then as you proceed further in the shadows give way to the deep dark areas of the Umbral borderlands and finally transition completely to the Astral Realm - where the creatures and horrors that defy all semblance of sanity and the material exist, creatures of pure essence, chaotic beings that drive mere mortals to madness by their very existence.
  • Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't think this will be a big issue in the end. If I were them I would just insert whatever genetic terrain is in the area and create an invisible wall. With the mechanics of how long it will take to travel places and the strong focus on singular nodes I think most people won't run into this issue.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.