Idea for criminal quests for the future, with a final hard Mission with True Punishment

TheBlackLambTheBlackLamb Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
So this is an Idea I thought about for people who wants to do crime and wants SUPER!!!!! risky challenges. If say there could be a criminal group that requires high level of crime stat/corruption to join. A group that dose special quests that can be risky of going to jail or worse!!! and failing the quest. But offers large rewards for succeeding. Quests that involves robing banks, warehouses, armory's, and caravans. This would be an interesting criminal underground organization that would have npc quest givers all over the world in every node, and also be cool for them to have hidden underground taverns in large nodes with boards for criminal requests and banned loot trading, only those who have followed the quest line for those with high crime stat/corruption can do the quests and have access to the underground taverns, if say you are trading banned loot and happen to be attacked by players that do not have high enough crime stat or corruption to steal the quest and continue the quest, the attacking players would receive a quest to transport the banned loot to a node and turn it into the guards, this would make an interesting event that would not be notified server wide or appear on the map, but be something you just come across by luck or knowing someone that you are tracking that has the crime stat or corruption that lead you to it. (Good things come to those who wait, stalk your bounty and wait and see what quest they might be doing to intervene a banned loot trade.) This secret event could be small and easy or large and difficult if say word gets out from the attackers and then more players would be fighting over it to split the reward, but the attackers could just as easily keep quiet and fight there silent skirmish with the criminals and keep the reward for themselves, but If the defenders successfully defeat the attackers then the defenders might be-able to make ground and escape the conflict to deliver there banned goods.

Now here is the bit for the criminal group that would provide the SUPER!!! risky challenge, at the end of the main criminal groups Quest Line (not the side quests that are for only the criminal group) there would be a Final Quest, a quest that could end all Questing for that character, Make this Quest have a Title and a reward for the daring, This Quest would be only for those who wants a true Challenge with a True punishment If failed, Have this Quest Permanently Kill Off Your Character IF Failed!!! what the quest would be? I have no clue on what would be so hard but possible that would fit an end to a Master Criminal. Maybe an Assassination Mission on a Nodes Leader? Assassination Mission on a Dev that is in game? A mission to Steal something so important from a guild or node? I dont know what would be fit or challenging enough to bring an end to most of the people who attempt this quest. Maybe this is just another idea that will not happen.

F6lQFCc.png
F6lQFCc.png

Comments

• BrolvethBrolveth Member
    edited July 2020
    So like mafia or combination of thiefs gils and dark BrotherHood from skyrim?
    I like this idea that give some corrupted Player option to be have quest and even let ppl who like this style. It would be also nice to see events in some cities that let you join to defend from corrupted Player or if you are corrupted one you can join attackers, but I would do it as a chance to happend so in larger cities you would see more ppl fighting and in small Village you could have around 5 PPL on both sides.

It also would be interesting and made it diffrent from factions like this in other games if this guild would be lead by religion of corrupted gods or something simillar.

I think I could see this as something added later in the game rather than something at the beginning.
    If it would be something that AoC started it would be something interesting if hidden. But it would also increase in pvp and pk on lower lvls, however if it would be added later not only it would keep pvp alive but also it would be more worken on
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    So this isn't going to happen simply because Intrepid doesn't want to reward people for being criminals.

That being said, the flavor of what you are looking for is present in the Highway man tree where you level/rank up based on how many caravans you steal from. This is countered by the Defender tree where you level/rank up based on how many caravans you successfully defend.

There is going to be a Rogue's guild in game, but it probably won't be functioning the way you described.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Jahlon wrote: »
    That being said, the flavor of what you are looking for is present in the Highway man tree where you level/rank up based on how many caravans you steal from. This is countered by the Defender tree where you level/rank up based on how many caravans you successfully defend.

Can you level both Highwayman and Defender at the same time (not through the same acts but in the correct actions) or is it choose one or the other?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • I think the Caravan and Corruption system alone would likely fulfill some, if not cater to, the fantasy of being an outlaw.

You could form a guild around stealing and attacking caravan's along certain borders and because of the corruption system, could be prevented from entering towns or cities and have to live outside civilization. Be it a merry band of thieves or a horde of bandits.
    ezgif-3-b7b5eae89b.gif