Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

3 sided PvP

Imo, and many others, the best type of PvP is 3 sided type of PvP, as in DaoC, ESO or GW2.
Would you like to see some content like that? Maybe linking up 3 servers like in GW2?
Affiliate Code:
0dbea148-8cb8-4711-ba90-eb0864e93b5f

Comments

• Options
    MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I prefer to keep stuff isolated on the server. Feels more intimate and personal. Server pvp feels very non immersive
  • Options
    SeloSelo Member
    Marzzo wrote: »
    I prefer to keep stuff isolated on the server. Feels more intimate and personal. Server pvp feels very non immersive

Its actually historicly been the other way around.
    Defending your server becomes a collective pride and very immersive.
    The type of PvP AoC will have havent been well recieved before in other games unfortunally.
    As a PvPer i hope it will be better, but i have my doubts.
    Affiliate Code:
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What type of PVP are you referring to that hasn’t been received well? @Selo

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    Selo wrote: »

The type of PvP AoC will have havent been well recieved before in other games unfortunally.

You are aware the largest pvp server will win 90% of the time?
  • Options
    Imo, and many others, the best type of PvP is 3 sided type of PvP, as in DaoC, ESO or GW2.
    Would you like to see some content like that? Maybe linking up 3 servers like in GW2?

I'd like to see that happen organically in open world PvP but not as extra content developed for instanced/arena-type PvP.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2020
    3 sided PvP is terrible, what are you talking about?
    There has never been a moment like "my heroic faction rises above and beyond in this 3 sided war"

It's just an annoying mess with random victors, and nothing to do with good tactics.
    This is coming from a person that played eso for 5.5 years(3 sided war) and never played wow (typical 2 faction war).

If there are ANY BG pvp in AoC I want it plain and simple.
    One team vs another team, let the better team win, not team v team v team let 1 win at random.

• Options
    MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2023
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • Options
    SeloSelo Member
    edited July 2020

You are aware the largest pvp server will win 90% of the time?

Ah, thats where the "3 sided" comes into play.
    The other 2 will then come together to take out the strongest.
    One of the best parts of 3 way PvP and not 2 sided where it leads to camping.
    tugowar wrote: »
    What type of PVP are you referring to that hasn’t been received well? @Selo
    The other AoC, Age of Conan, had a smiliar type of sieging and it was bad.
    Shadowbane had something similiar aswell.
    Having time based "challange" type of PvP has been kinda meh in all moorpgs that have had it
    3 sided PvP is terrible, what are you talking about?
    There has never been a moment like "my heroic faction rises above and beyond in this 3 sided war"

It's just an annoying mess with random victors, and nothing to do with good tactics.
    This is coming from a person that played eso for 5.5 years(3 sided war) and never played wow (typical 2 faction war).

If there are ANY BG pvp in AoC I want it plain and simple.
    One team vs another team, let the better team win, not team v team v team let 1 win at random.

Soo your quite new to the mmorpg community and havent played any of the really good PvP mmorpgs
    Affiliate Code:
  • Options
    Server vs servers, factions, sides. All of that takes choices are out of my hands.
    It's bad. I want liberty to kill whomever I want.
    Also historically Server vs Server had no real implications for your character, just some random message saying you won.
    In AoC your name matters.
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    BlackBrony wrote: »
    Server vs servers, factions, sides. All of that takes choices are out of my hands.

Not if the store sells name changes
  • Options
    Aardvark wrote: »
    BlackBrony wrote: »

Not if the store sells name changes

You just implement an inspect button where it says "previously known as" and it's done, people will still know.