PVP

Game looks amazing. But I won't play it. As a dedicated PVE player, I don't even want the option of being killed by a PVP player. I know, there are a lot of PVP players who love having all options. But if I'm marked as non-combatant I shouldn't even have the option to be killed. Some people are just assholes and don't care. I've been playing mmorpg's since Everquest. But I' won't play if I have the option to be killed by a PVP player regardless of their penalty.

Comments

• SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You could earn a mount, mount in combat and flee for your life. No combat required.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Insightful
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Fair enough. The sad reality of it is that it's impossible to create a game that pleases everyone. If you don't like the design choices then don't play the game. That's why I stopped playing WoW, and FFXIV and BDO and a ton of other games.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    You can't have a game like this where you can just "turn" pvp on and off. That completely destroys the base idea of the game (see New World, although they did multitudes of other things wrong as well).

If you hate PvP, this game isn't for you.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Steven has answered the question of different formats of Player base before, several times I think. I don't doubt him changing his mind again. Its 2020. Biden could be president by this time, :D.
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Bljakkl wrote: »
    Game looks amazing. But I won't play it. As a dedicated PVE player, I don't even want the option of being killed by a PVP player. I know, there are a lot of PVP players who love having all options. But if I'm marked as non-combatant I shouldn't even have the option to be killed. Some people are just assholes and don't care. I've been playing mmorpg's since Everquest. But I' won't play if I have the option to be killed by a PVP player regardless of their penalty.

Then you won't be playing Ashes of Creation. Its that simple.

The corruption System <https://www.ashes101.com/pvp#corruption&gt; is designed to stop people from being able to randomly gank you if you aren't interested in fighting back.

However, if you are expecting a system where you can "opt-out" of PvP entirely, then you don't understand the details of the systems in Ashes of Creation.

Your best bet then is going to be Pantheon if you are looking for a new game with no non-consensual PvP.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Up to you
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Bljakkl wrote: »

Have a nice day then. You can stop watching this one as it will not change. There will be PVP in this game.
  • Sorry to hear it, but doesn't seem like a PvE only experience is even being considered for launch.
    I heard Pantheon is entirely focused on PvE though, maybe that is something that interests you? For me, I want open world PvP, so I am drawn to this title.
  • if there wasnt open world PvP you couldnt opt out of then I wouldnt be playing this game, so theres the other side of the coin