Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Developers: Regarding core social elements

vhbeninvhbenin Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Kudos to you to not taking the easy road.

Group finder, dungeon finder, not limited fast travel system... These things in my opinion started the death spiral of wow social elements. An mmo without interaction.

In addition to that aspect i would like to suggest that the guild creation system follows something similiar to what the original wow did: a guild contract that needed the signature of a fixed amount of people for it's creation.

These small things that enhance social interaction even if a little are key components for a good mmo.

Keep the work going. We players are here for feedback.

I hope this game becomes the new standard of what mmos should be.

Good luck!

Comments

• Options
    Also on the some topic: looting.

Wow suffered from loot robbers in raids.

As a social game voting systems should be a thing.

When a boss is killed all the players should vote for who the item should go. Equally. So a consensus is formed regarding that drop.
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    BDO has a great guild system. In BDO you sign a contract with a guild. By being a member of a guild you get access to guild buffs chosen by the leader of the guild, access to do guild quests that reward the guild with xp to unlock more guild buffs and income for the guild, and you also get daily pay from the guild (paid for by doing guild quests and if your guild owns land). If you leave a guild you have to pay a fee if your still under contract and have to wait 24 hours I believe before being allowed to join another guild.
  • Options
    I love that there won't be fast travel, instanced content you get teleported off to, dungeon finder, etc...

Those systems are what ruin most games for me.
  • Options
    SkuldSkuld Member
    edited August 2020
    What I'm a fan of is just sitting in the tavern at a table and chatting or making a stop on your way and sitting around a bonfire because maybe it's too dangerous at night or something.

But I guess there's no reason for that 🙈
    Yet.

Which leads me to a question: How dark are nights gonna be? Will seasons affect a character? Like being cold in winter? Probably not. Do enemies become more dangerous at night for some reason?

Those could be reasons to take a break along the way, which would help immersion.

In Ragnarok Online you had low HP and MP and even lower regeneration of both at the beginning so you had to constantly sit down and wait for it to reg. In that time you often came across new players or took that time to chat with your random party members. I really loved that.
    It changed a chore into an immersive and fun time.

It's just something I've been missing in MMORPGs until now.

How do other people think about this?
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Skuld wrote: »

I think with my brain :wink:
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    I'm happy for it, but these aren't systems that necessarily make people talk more. They strand people so they have to not be dickheads. xD Which I'm fine for. Other games usually make the mistake of being too safe most of the time and when there is danger it is too dangerous.This might be a good balance.

You might actually be able to do pvp vs people the same level as you.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    HamletHamlet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    Neurath wrote: »

I think with my brain :wink:

Got em!

regarding OP loot system,

give the players tools and options but let us handle how we distribute loot, having everyone vote for who gets loot as a default sounds like a bad time.
  • Options
    FeebleTurtleFeebleTurtle Member
    edited August 2020
    As long as small guilds are supported too
  • Options
    Depends how they do Loot. I'm completely against master looter. I think the best system would just let everyone in a party or raid vote on it. They would have to convince each other what to vote for ahead of time. Alternatively I like it if they would tweak the personal loot system so that it works the same as getting loot was in classic WoW. However with open trade you would just be able to give it to whoever you want. Which requires more social interaction than master looter with none of the downsides. Ninja Looting/Stealing items as the leader.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    You could do the old school method and ask who requires what items before the Raid starts, then make deals that X won't request Y, and Q won't request K, and if Z drops only A, B and C will compete for it.

There's no harm in stating requirements before hand. Most bosses will drop materials as well as Top Tier Items.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    If the loot tables are known before hand I can deal with that. Often times people go into a dungeon knowing exactly what they want.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    What I'm a fan of is just sitting in the tavern at a table and chatting or making a stop on your way and sitting around a bonfire because maybe it's too dangerous at night or something.

But I guess there's no reason for that 🙈
    Yet.

What do you mean? you can go into a tavern and play a variaty of games within that tavern with other players.

100% sure they wanna make it the focal point of areas where people meet to exchange stories, form friendships, hire people for jobs or find targets if they wanna become bounty hunters.

if thats what you love i am sure there is more than enough reason to do that. (while getting informations of the people on the server you could start selling that information for a price and become the go-to person in the tavern of the lonely riders where people come to get informed.

idk some stuff like that hahah
  • Options
    In general the game is going to rely on social structures. The game is going to rely on it so much that it's not stated to release on anything but pc because playing without a keyboard is too much of a disadvantage.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    What do you mean? you can go into a tavern and play a variaty of games within that tavern with other players.

Ah, sorry I kinda phrased that weird. The thing with the tavern was just an example. I know that that's already an option in AoC, which is pretty cool!
    I literally just wanted to plant the idea with the campfire xD

As we don't have many means of travelling faster you'll probably be on the move quite a while sometimes and there won't be a tavern on every corner so it would be cool to make a campfire and sit around it and chat.
    And maybe let a bard sing the campfire song

• Options
    there actualyl will be one on every corner. as player housing can take on the business of a tavern and you get buffs depending on how long you stayed in them as well as other benefits. Soo yeah.

but from a roleplaying perspective hell yeah, give us a campfire with small tents